Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 167695 times)

Alright I grabbed some pics of the only ship I finished building. I'm not too interested in trying to make extremely large and otherwise epic ships. Would just cause lag and would also be not as fun to fly around than a good medium sized ship that is easy to manage and can definitely have more of.

I'll try and take pics of my first ship which I think is way more nicer looking but was way too hard to keep building since I was mainly concerned with aesthetics and payed no attention to its actual structure. I scrapped it about 20% through.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:01:57 PM by LoLBert »

I bought this game a few months back. Mostly because I was dumb enough to pre-order Miner Warts, so I got a discount (maybe as an apology?). I'm hoping they optimize it some more, lots of collisions by lots of players can get pretty laggy.

Anyways, I'm waiting for some sort of cargo box docker or grabber (not made out of landing gear) to move stuff around with. Until then it's something I toy around with every so often.

Ugg why didn't I get this when I had the money? Guess I'll play other games until my next paycheck.

So...does anyone know if the solar panels actually give power or are they just for looks?

So...does anyone know if the solar panels actually give power or are they just for looks?
They give a small amount of power. Enough to power most things. Don't bother even trying to power a refinery, though. On my station I have at LEAST 10 panels at 3/4 power status and they can't even touch the needed power.

also me and burt have found out that, no, the engine is not set up for 60 missiles hititng a large ship at once. I made a small ship with 60+ launchers in a horizontal line and fired at burt's large ship. It destroyed his server lol, it couldn't keep up in the slightest.

I'm on a laptop tear drop

but on the topic of solar panels, I think if you CAN get just enough to power a refinery then its well worth it. If we can get a good number on how much we need.

also, that was the first time i've played  the game with another person and it was incredibly fun. I was piloting my cruiser while sord was in a fighter shooting missiles at me. If only I could use the ships turrets, it would have been even more fun. Then I could get out and start repairing it. High hopes for this game non stop since I bought it. I can't imagine even a 2v2 though, with two cruisers and two fighters. The game developers are still working on better optimization no doubt, though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:25:30 PM by LoLBert »

Ah that's cool. At least i can use it to power lights in my corridors or maybe my nightstand lamp. I'm going to check out how they look. maybe make a solar sailor or something. that would be cool.

this game looks cool as stuff aaaaaaaaaaaaa

new hotfix to the solar panel update
Edit 03/21/14:
Features
- thrusters' damage can now be turned off in world setting
- reduced Solar Cell cost by approx. 80%

Fixes
- fixed refinery speed
- fixed crash in inventory transfers
bolded is probably the thing I'm happiest about, solar sells were insane to produce because of all the platinum required.

member since 01/11/13

46 ships built. 5 destroyed or damaged

20 worlds created since first update

9 multiplayer worlds joined

50 hours spent

I may post pictures...

You should. Mostly started the topic up again so that people can share their creations. I'd love to see what you all made.

anyone know if this game holds up with singleplayer? I'm not really a multiplayer person

anyone know if this game holds up with singleplayer? I'm not really a multiplayer person

singleplayer is nice but you get lonely and sad fast....

Singleplayer sort of lacks, incentive unless you just love building ships.

Multiplayer lacks dedicated server support, and also, I find any number of asteroids kind of lame, seeing how they're all just bunched in one spot in the infinite amount of space.

Singleplayer sort of lacks, incentive unless you just love building ships.

Multiplayer lacks dedicated server support, and also, I find any number of asteroids kind of lame, seeing how they're all just bunched in one spot in the infinite amount of space.