Poll

You know which one is better.

193 (76.3%)
60 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 253

Author Topic: The Lego Movie VS. Frozen  (Read 18844 times)

The eyebrows only move up or down. They don't curl up. Completely unrealistic and lack of animation.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:23:56 AM by No, I am not Lord Tony! »

I dont see how Frozen got so popular its just another Disney movie.

I dont see how Frozen got so popular its just another Disney movie.
I dont see how Halo 4 got so popular its just another Halo game.

I dont see how Halo 4 got so popular its just another Halo game.
I don't see all the commotion over World War II it's just another World War.

The eyebrows only move up or down. They don't curl up. Completely unrealistic and lack of animation.
they do if you look close enough lol

are you trying to be willfully ignorant

I don't even understand how "completely unrealistic" is a complaint, it's a loving cartoony movie
and "lack of animation"?? ...you could say LEGO have a "lack of animation" because it's LEGO, so they're clunky and blocky even if you bend them a little
also are eyebrows the only thing that define a facial expression?

but aside from that, the eyebrows actually do curl a little... in fact I wasn't even aware a human eyebrow curls that much anyways

if you're gonna blame someone for advancements in technology, don't blame the artists, blame the customers
frozen made over a billion dollars for disney
their last traditionally animated movie (not including winnie the pooh), the princess and the frog, only made a quarter of thatrofl
Have you seen Ghost in Shell, Jin-Roh, or Samurai Jack? All hand drawn, very beautiful animation, good stories, poetic. As for the lego movie it was fine as half stop-motion half cgi movie, infact that is what made the movie unique along with its hidden meanings. However with CGI movies, after a few years the animation gets dated. Look at the old Antz movie or Toy Story one and compare it to a new Dream Works movie or Pixar movie.

Have you seen Ghost in Shell, Jin-Roh, or Samurai Jack? All hand drawn, very beautiful animation, good stories, poetic. As for the lego movie it was fine as half stop-motion half cgi movie, infact that is what made the movie unique along with its hidden meanings. However with CGI movies, after a few years the animation gets dated. Look at the old Antz movie or Toy Story one and compare it to a new Dream Works movie or Pixar movie.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

frozen is rly good girl fodder.

if you watch this mooby w/ a grill you will get forgetED

are you trying to be willfully ignorant

I don't even understand how "completely unrealistic" is a complaint, it's a loving cartoony movie
and "lack of animation"?? ...you could say LEGO have a "lack of animation" because it's LEGO, so they're clunky and blocky even if you bend them a little
also are eyebrows the only thing that define a facial expression?

but aside from that, the eyebrows actually do curl a little... in fact I wasn't even aware a human eyebrow curls that much anyways

Except the lego movie was meant to look like Stop-motion animation that was the art style which it did a great job animating it to simulate stop-motion animation. THAT WAS THEIR ONE JOB TO DO AND THEY DID IT!

I've seen better animations on a drawn cartoon than I have in frozen.

"A little" is not enough to be considered as a facial expression. They put very little effort in it.

So many white knights for a movie. Anything with a female lead and they will fight to the death to save her.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:45:30 AM by No, I am not Lord Tony! »

Except the lego movie was meant to look like Stop-motion animation that was the art style which it did a great job animating it to simulate stop-motion anymore. THAT WAS THEIR ONE JOB TO DO AND THEY DID IT!

I've seen better animations on a drawn cartoon than I have in frozen.

"A little" is not enough to be considered as a facial expression. They put very little effort in it.

So many white knights for a movie. Anything with a female lead and they will fight to the death to save her.
holly stuff your stupid.  Welcome back lord tony.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make
Hand Drawn is generally better to look at over CGI in my opinion. It doesn't look like stuff after a few years when better graphics are engineered.