Poll

Would you accept money for projects?

Yes ($1 - $5)
53 (62.4%)
No (Free)
32 (37.6%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: --Would you accept money for projects?  (Read 3123 times)

Hey guys. I like to study sociology.
Anyways, I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about this community

In most societies there's a form of currency, usually in the form of money. But in this "Community/society" there is no such thing as money. There is no trade. People don't buy add-ons. There is no revenue from this community (Other than hosting services).

But throw all that away and play pretend with me.
What if there was a group that paid their members $u/month
Or maybe the group paid their members based on jobs. Like in a freelance way. There'd be a list of jobs up for grabs by anyone that is a part of this membership. There is no fees for being in this group. You'd be profiting. And money would be handled via paypal.

BUT don't expect any kind of large amount of money. The awards would be like $1.00 to $5.00 USD

Anyways my question/curiosity is:
Would you rather just do it for free like you've always done?
Or would you rather get paid to do projects. And of course the credit would be given to you.

(I'M JUST CURIOUS. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS!)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:04:55 PM by Aduioa »

I like that idea.  It gives the older Blocklanders something to do once they've run out of ideas.

I like he idea but I also like free. It's a tough decision

Well... to be honest I'd only do a project or "job" for money if said subject was of a high priority. Something revolutionary, anything else I would do for free.
The subject is touchy as many users have their own opinions ect. I'm guessing the right thing would be accepting money based on importance?
Hm.

I was thinking like paying modelers to model, scripters to script, and builders to build.
For example:

"Custom knife needed! Pictures supplied in link below. ~ $1.50"

And whoever finishes the project first/has best, that person will get the money.

(Actually AoKE knifing group paid for their custom knife models)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:46:08 PM by Aduioa »

I would accept money but it wouldn't be a requirement to get me to work.

I don't like getting paid for things that were otherwise free.  It just makes me feel rotten for taking money that normally wouldn't be mine.

I don't like getting paid for things that were otherwise free.  It just makes me feel rotten for taking money that normally wouldn't be mine.
It's really not much different from art commissions. People don't have to pay to download the art/add-ons, they just have to pay to have them made in the first place.

Well I've noticed in this community. Some people want special projects to be done. For example: Someone who cannot model wants someone to model something for them. But no modelers are taking interest. So the project manager is now willing to pay whoever will take this project.

It's a motivator.

im currently paying $150 for a custom made mod right now

Yeah, I've payed a couple of people for models and such. It would be cool to get payed to write scripts that people needed and stuff like that.

Depends largely on the project.

I think for me it depends on the project, if its something rather small I would do it for free. But if it was something big then I would want to get paid.

Depends on the scale and on how interested I am in the project

Depends on the scale and on how interested I am in the project
Sorta like:
"Need large scale Hunger Games map ~ $3"