Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 54317 times)

Did you get it figured out?
That would be nice.
Partially. I just did a test with my new server, http://lloid.info. Guaranteed straight http connection that way.

Now, I'm having a different issue. When I do my test (set the mod I have in my Add-Ons folder to a lower version in the version.txt), it says "BluetoothBoyMods does not own <modnamehere>."

I don't have the ability to look through your code at the moment to see what could be causing this; do you happen to know why (I'd imagine you do since you put that echo in there)?

That happens when the URL of the repository is different than the URL specified in version.txt.

That happens when the URL of the repository is different than the URL specified in version.txt.
Oh, ok. I was pretty sure I had it right though. I'll check again tomorrow.

Ok, just check the repository.txt and the version.txt, both are fine. Also, I'm thinking you meant that that happens when the file's URL in the repository is different than the file's actual URL? 'Cause if it were what you said, Updater wouldn't have known my repo is called BluetoothBoyMods, not being able to access the repository.txt and all. Not sure if that changes anything, but I figured I'd point that out.

Anyway, the repository.txt as it is now looks like this:
Code: [Select]
<repository:BluetoothBoyMods>
        <addon:Item_Snowboard>
                <channel:release>
                        <version:1.3.0>
                        <file:lloid.info/mods/Item_Snowboard/Item_Snowboard.zip>
<changelog:lloid.info/mods/Item_Snowboard/change.log>
                </channel>
        </addon>
<addon:Server_Shove>
                        <version:1.2.0>
                        <file:lloid.info/mods/Server_Shove/Server_Shove.zip>
<changelog:lloid.info/mods/Server_Shove/change.log>
                </channel>
        </addon>
<addon:Server_EventWhitelist>
                        <version:1.1.0>
                        <file:lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/Server_EventWhitelist.zip>
<changelog:lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/change.log>
                </channel>
        </addon>
</repository>

The version.txt in the test mod I'm updating looks like this:
version 1.2.1
channel release
repository lloid.info/mods/repository.txt

Is anything there incorrect? All of the links work except those pertaining to Server_Shove and Server_EventWhitelist, I haven't uploaded those yet because I'm still testing.

There is one thing that could be the problem, but I'm not completely sure. Whenever I upload files via FTP SSL, the server informs me that the trust certificate is invalid. Nothing of the sort happens during normal http access, however, so I somehow doubt that's the issue.

One more thing. Two of your mods keep requesting re-download via the updater. One (Gamemode_Slayer_BountyHunter) I think I know why. The other, not sure. For Bounty Hunter, you're version.txt's version tag read's "1.1", whereas your repository says the current version is "1.1.0". Would that cause the updater to think it needs updating, but when it "updates" it downloads the same file, creating a loop? As for the other (Gamemode_Slayer_SearchDestroy), it has an odd version number: "1.0.0+release-20140525". Not sure what the deal is with this one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:43:38 PM by BluetoothBoy »

If you go to the repository in a web browser, it looks funny:
<file:www.lloid.info/mods/Item_Snowboard/Item_Snowboard.zip>
<changelog:www.lloid.info/mods/Item_Snowboard/change.log>
</channel>
</addon>
<file:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_Shove/Server_Shove.zip>
<changelog:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_Shove/change.log>
</channel>
</addon>
<file:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/Server_EventWhitelist.zip>
<changelog:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/change.log>
</channel>
</addon>
</repository>                      <file:lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/Server_EventWhitelist.zip>
                </channel>
        </addon>
</repository>
Might want to fix that. Also, can you send me one of your mods so I can test?

Strange, but those should both be fine. I'll look into them.

If you go to the repository in a web browser, it looks funny:
<file:www.lloid.info/mods/Item_Snowboard/Item_Snowboard.zip>
<changelog:www.lloid.info/mods/Item_Snowboard/change.log>
</channel>
</addon>
<file:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_Shove/Server_Shove.zip>
<changelog:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_Shove/change.log>
</channel>
</addon>
<file:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/Server_EventWhitelist.zip>
<changelog:www.lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/change.log>
</channel>
</addon>
</repository>                      <file:lloid.info/mods/Server_EventWhitelist/Server_EventWhitelist.zip>
                </channel>
        </addon>
</repository>
Might want to fix that. Also, can you send me one of your mods so I can test?

Strange, but those should both be fine. I'll look into them.
Sorry, that was just a mess-up on my part. I was trying to see if adding "www" to the beginning would affect it at all. Fixed now.

You can DL the snowboard mod via the link in that repository. Thanks.

Why are you guys storing repositories in HTML files anyway?

If you want it to look good in the browser, either make it a TXT file or add the Content-Type: text/plain header

Found your problem! This seems to be an issue with the way Blockland reads text files. Blockland only accepts Windows line endings, while you appear to be using a Mac. The lines in your version.txt file end in just \n - they need to end in \r\n.

Also, why do you have Support_TCPClient in your mod? You aren't using it for anything.

Found your problem! This seems to be an issue with the way Blockland reads text files. Blockland only accepts Windows line endings, while you appear to be using a Mac. The lines in your version.txt file end in just \n - they need to end in \r\n.

Also, why do you have Support_TCPClient in your mod? You aren't using it for anything.
Oh, thanks! What encoding should I save it as to ensure proper line endings?

Also, I put in that TCPClient because I have no idea what it does and it said to put a copy in with the mod. So I did. XD Now that I know I don't need it, I'll remove it.

Edit: Just tried using Notepad in Wine to recreate repository.txt and the version.txt from scratch. Still have the same error in the console, though. :/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:53:10 PM by BluetoothBoy »

Is that it? Am I done for? ;~;

Is that it? Am I done for? ;~;

Well the snowboard worked for me. If you send the other files I can look at them. Did you correct the line endings in all the version.txt files?

Well the snowboard worked for me. If you send the other files I can look at them. Did you correct the line endings in all the version.txt files?
That's just it, I'm pretty sure I did. First, I tried saving the pre-existing files with MS-DOS line endings. Next, I completely re-wrote them in Notepad in Wine on my Mac. Does Wine just not cut it?

Also, I have an idea. Since you've already created a parser and such, would it not be possible to just extend it a bit and make your own line endings? Basically, once it comes across, say, /n or nl in the version.txf, it goes to the next line before it actually gets to the line ending (using <nl> for the repo might be better though). This would ensure both Windows and Mac compatibility.

Can this be made to work without having to own a website? Like have it look for updates to a dropbox or mediafire file?

Can this be made to work without having to own a website? Like have it look for updates to a dropbox or mediafire file?
This so much