Support_Updater

Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 54333 times)

Small update is just in preparation for the problem mods we're fixing.
Don't auto update rtb when it is fixed, as there are many versions around with the same name. Do a check if possible, so the updater will know which one it is and update it based on that information (or not update if it is unknown)

Or maybe ask the player, provide a warning and/or different buttons to choose which rtb to update into.

Question, why does the addon only check for updates on launch?

Question, why does the addon only check for updates on launch?

What do you mean? That's when it makes sense to do it.

How exactly do you tell update your addon if you're the creator of it? Do you just change a file in it and it checks automatically to see if anythings changed or something?

How exactly do you tell update your addon if you're the creator of it? Do you just change a file in it and it checks automatically to see if anythings changed or something?

The README file in the add-on or the link in the OP explain all.

I don't think anyone will tell you to remove the impact style if you don't provide an alternative. That being said, the style does blend nicely with the create game menu, I think it's great.

Poll added.

In other news, I have some far-off plans to transform Support_Updater into a proper add-on management system similar to linux package managers.

It updated my copy of KINEX's Block City; who added that one in?

It updated my copy of KINEX's Block City; who added that one in?

Quote from: http://mods.greek2me.us/third-party/
   <addon:Script_BlockCity>
      <channel:release>
         <version:1.0>
         <file:mods.greek2me.us/third-party/storage/Script_BlockCity.zip>
         <changelog:mods.greek2me.us/third-party/changelog/game-mode-fix.txt>
      </channel>
   </addon>
More offending add-ons, including the lines that need to be corrected:

Script_BlockCity\package.cs - Line 49: function disconnectedCleanup()

The updater is now gathering statistics from servers. You can disable it with $Pref::Updater::DisableStatistics.

Is there a website where we can see these statistics?

Not yet. I'm just getting a head-start on collection. It might take a little while for me to do the website - I don't enjoy web development very much. (as you can tell from my website)

What kind of statistics?

And is it only the dedicated ones?

What kind of statistics?

And is it only the dedicated ones?

Name, BLID, IP address, and last seen. The public will have access to the names, BLIDs, and last seen times. It's basically like the RTB collection.

No, any server.