Poll

Should I add increased BLID gathering abilities to Support_Updater and make a public, searchable list of BLIDs and names?

Yes
34 (81%)
No
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Support_Updater  (Read 53877 times)

Yep, that should work! Somehow the text doesn't show up in Firefox, though.

My repository is simply a text file without the .txt extension. I'm guessing yours is the same?
It's actually an html file, but plain text is plain text.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:56:35 PM by Pecon »

Very very cool. When slayer made me download it the GUI for the download hung on screen and I couldn't press quit or close the download GUI though.

Some FTP clients (like FileZilla) change line endings back to \n when they're in the default ASCII mode. Make sure that the filesize is the same on your local computer and on the webserver.

This is what happened when I tested it:
Code: [Select]
==>function test::handleText(%a,%b){echo(%b);}
==>function test::ondone(%a,%b){echo("DONE:" SPC %b);}
==>tcpclient("pecon.us:80","/projects/repository/","","test");
^<repository:PeconMods>
^^<addon:Server_IPBanning>
^^^<channel:release>
^^^^<version:2.0.0>
^^^^<file:pecon.us/projects/storage/Server_IPBanning.zip>
^^^^<changelog:pecon.us/projects/storage/Server_IPBanning.log>
^^^^<restartRequired:2.0.0>
^^^</channel>
^^</addon>
^^<addon:Server_NationalFlags>
^^^<channel:fullrelease>
^^^^<version:1.0.0>
^^^^<file:pecon.us/projects/storage/nationalFlagsFull/Server_NationalFlags.zip>
^^^^<restartRequired:1.0.0>
^^^</channel>
^^^<channel:tinyrelease>
^^^^<version:1.0.0>
^^^^<file:pecon.us/projects/storage/nationalFlagsTiny/Server_NationalFlags.zip>
^^^^<restartRequired:1.0.0>
^^^</channel>
^^</addon>
DONE: 0
Note the missing </repository> tag.

I should see if it's possible for the updater to automatically detect \n endings and compensate for them..

Very very cool. When slayer made me download it the GUI for the download hung on screen and I couldn't press quit or close the download GUI though.

Did everything get installed though? It's a bit of a hacky migration coming from slayer.

I've changed my filezilla settings to always upload in binary. Uploaded the repository file and confirmed that it's the same size (677b). I stuck a copy of the IPBanning add-on with it's version set to 2.0.0 in my add-ons folder, and updated the repository to report the latest as being 2.1.0, but when I start the game it makes no report on an update. It worked on updating your other add-ons.

Ok, that fixed the problem with your repository file being cut off. I'm downloading your IPBanning file and looking into the problem now.

I changed this line in your version file:
repository pecon.us/projects/repositoryto this:
repository pecon.us/projects/repository/
It worked instantly.

Thanks. With how well integrated this is with the default theme, I really hope this does become default.

Why not instead of taking the file length wait for the </repository> tag and think of that as the end of file as nothing useful should follow?

Thanks. With how well integrated this is with the default theme, I really hope this does become default.
There being a default theme doesn't mean the default theme is good and everyone has to follow it.
I'd like it to be integrated with this theme instead, but it seems that mod is dead anyways.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:41:05 AM by Zeblote »

A new update just went out. Thumbnail images will now be displayed (like game modes).

This removes the CRLF requirement. That should make it much easier to use and fix the issues Pecon had.

You really need to get a different host :/

I was only able to access your repository yesterday because I was on a VPN. I turned it off today and I can't connect.

On another note, is it possible to direct the thumbnail image to a URL? Or does it have to be a thumb.jpg in the add-on itself?

I'm looking for one. I don't want to spend any money on this, though.

No, you have to put a thumb.jpg/png in your add-on.

I'm looking for one. I don't want to spend any money on this, though.

No, you have to put a thumb.jpg/png in your add-on.
Sadly, most anti viruses pick up free hosts as viruses/malware/spyware/stuff.
Your best bet is to either buy a host or give the finger to some of blockland's players.

I'd be willing to host stuff for you. I have plenty of unused resources on my pecon.us domain. I'm not totally sure about the implications, but it's supposed to be possible for you to simply buy a domain name, and then it could be used to point at your space on my webserver.

http://rtb-archive.host22.com/ is hosted by 000webhost though and it works fine.

I'd be willing to host stuff for you. I have plenty of unused resources on my pecon.us domain. I'm not totally sure about the implications, but it's supposed to be possible for you to simply buy a domain name, and then it could be used to point at your space on my webserver.

Does your host allow that, or do you host from home?