Author Topic: Block land 'love Offender' list  (Read 939 times)

Basically its an add-on that points out convicted trolls, badmins, Annoying Kids Etc. Someone hosts a document that has all the convicted "felons" of blockland. The community as a whole would vote on who is a felon. Then a council of respected blockland users would ultimately decide the fate of the user. If the user is convicted then their name is added to the list and whenever they join a game in which the owner has the "love Offender" Add-on it would point it out to all the users on the server.
Yes I realize that corruption might take over the council or the voting process. However this is only an idea.
The reason this is called "love Offender"  list is because it has an "uncanny" resemblance to a love offender  on the love offence list.

We already have a love offender
It's Neinhaus

-snip-

Stop being so damn funny

We already have a love offender
It's Neinhaus

Read the whole topic. Its not actually about love offenders

So, basically a global rep system?

Stop being so damn funny
He doesn't have to be :)

But yea, I was planning to make a WatchBot, it basically babysits everyone on the server, even the super admins (other than the host since you can't ban/kick him or the server dies if it isn't dedicated, but he is the host, why should it kick him anyways (either way you can't ban the host lol))

Technically, you can 'ban' the host, but the server will always let them join anyway.

Technically, you can 'ban' the host, but the server will always let them join anyway.
Ah, I had it echo "You can't ban the host."

i tried this once

didn't work out too well. i think the issue was disinterest

Ah, I had it echo "You can't ban the host."

You can't do it through the servercmdBan command. You have to manually add them to the BanManager object - but again, it just lets the host join anyway.

This method would also theoretically you ban Badspot, but I don't actually have access to Badspot so I wouldn't be able to test if it always lets him join even if I wanted to.

but I don't actually have access to Badspot
I laughed harder than I probably should have.