Zapk Spamming

Author Topic: Zapk Spamming  (Read 10818 times)

Take a break from stupid for one day.  He apologized, he doesn't need to grovel.
How is ''I was tired and bored'' a legit excuse?

How is ''I was tired and bored'' a legit excuse?

Maybe he was tired and bored?

Doesn't make it okay to do it, but he still apologized.

He's using a script that got people revoked. citation needed

People tried to kick him because he was spamming, I'm sure that means he was harming people right?? yes! Similar to how
sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you!

Oh forget off, no one should change their settings just so a spammer can "continue to point out flaws" You seem very upset about a simple suggestion. It's not like it's that difficult to change these settings, I turn my chat off whenever I go to Zix's Randomizer.

Later in your post you say kicking doesn't help, try again. Because it doesn't help. That said, it allows for a temporary peace, at least it'll be quiet for a while. I'm unsure if this is standard, but the more you are kicked, the longer your duration is.

So you're endorsing spammers to just keep on spamming even if it's ruining the players game experience?? Nice one. Can you quote the part where I said "this is okay to do and I think this is a great opportunity to build community ties?" I must've missed that part. I'm not endorsing anything, I'm simply pointing out: what would a TRUE spammer do, leave after being kicked? No, they would come back and continue.

Ah okay so the votekick doesn't mean anything now?
It happened for a reason, forget off and stop defending him when for using this stuff mod.
People didn't want him to spam thus votekicked him.
again with the anger, you look silly. Calm down please. The votekick was the players asking him to stop, but the host hadn't done anything. Of course nobody wanted him to spam, and I'm not saying spamming was the right thing. However, this drama seems kinda pointless, considering this is one thing he did for some teasing fun. Where is Ostinyo complaining about ZapK on here, claiming that what he did was wrong and he'll never forgive him? Has it occurred to you that maybe, JUST maybe, Ostinyo really didn't care THAT much?

You guys are sooo boringggg he was having fun, sometimes you gotta be a noob!

You guys are sooo boringggg he was having fun, sometimes you gotta be a noob!
what

I just realized this topic was made about 30 seconds after RarwMuffins' drama.  Wow.

-stupid snip-
What is with you? I've seen you hovering around the drama forum for a while and you strike me as a very unpleasant person to be around. Who are you an alt of anyway?

Oh, and it's been already said, Ostinyo ASKED Zapk to do this. His intention behind doing this was to help him SOLVE A PROBLEM and to HELP THE HOST. He never created a problem here. In fact, his efforts will help ensure that such a future issue never becomes a problem on Ostinyo's server again. I would have done the exact same thing in Zapk's place.

FYI, there's this great mod out there called client-sided mute. With it all you have to do is hit a button in your player list and bam, you've muted someone who's spamming or telling everyone how much they love their girlfriend.

you guys must not touch your chat settings at all if spam is covering your entire screen

What is with you? I've seen you hovering around the drama forum for a while and you strike me as a very unpleasant person to be around. Who are you an alt of anyway?

Oh, and it's been already said, Ostinyo ASKED Zapk to do this. His intention behind doing this was to help him SOLVE A PROBLEM and to HELP THE HOST. He never created a problem here. In fact, his efforts will help ensure that such a future issue never becomes a problem on Ostinyo's server again. I would have done the exact same thing in Zapk's place.

FYI, there's this great mod out there called client-sided mute. With it all you have to do is hit a button in your player list and bam, you've muted someone who's spamming or telling everyone how much they love their girlfriend.
twentefreak

He never asked him to do this, where did you come up with this conclusion?

Also, I hate the mindset of oh, just get client sided mute. No, if it's an ongoing problem, it needs to be and should be dealt with, not put to the side.

Why would a user take action other than votekick/ban, this guy is spamming and should be punished.
I don't care if it's just 2 seconds of my time to change my settings, it's about principles.

forgeted up choice to use the script.

@AdinX for citation on Revoke:
I had one of my keys revoked for doing similar stuff like this back in 2010 with scripts when I was a crazy psychopath. I also bragged about it, so maybe that's why I got revoked. Not sure. I just know I was revoked for it.

what grounds can you even defend him over here
it doesn't matter what his intentions are nor does it matter that the host didn't give a stuff
i can make an enjoyable server then spam it with projectiles until everybody leaves and perma everyone else, me being the host doesn't justify that