Possible upcoming new feature (hats) - Confirmed by Badspot

Author Topic: Possible upcoming new feature (hats) - Confirmed by Badspot  (Read 15073 times)

[snip][img ]http://i.imgur.com/rSlr3kY.gif[/img][/snip]
Tip: Gifcam is a piece of crap.

holy shihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiitt

We better be able to add our own hats or submit them through the workshop, I have a stuff ton waiting to be used...

"Trying to get hats for the blockland update... like OBJ hats... and the server will tell you what hats you have, so... the idea is that, people could trade hats on steam, and you would like be able to like get a blockland hat as a drop randomly and be able to trade it on steam as a steam item, so you can trade blockland hats for items in other games and stuff"
It would be so easy to unlock the hats if you're the host. Via scripting.
We better be able to add our own hats or submit them through the workshop, I have a stuff ton waiting to be used...
I doubt that Badspot is going to add 50 hats.

It would be so easy to unlock the hats if you're the host. Via scripting.

There's a difference between wearing a hat on your server and actually owning a hat (being able to use it on any server).

BLOCKFORTRESS2 YISSSS.
Also Badspot, please monthly contests for community hats
You might wanna talk to gaven so we can get TF2 hats, and TF2 can get blockheads

i thought april fools was 20 days ago

BLOCKFORTRESS2 YISSSS.
Also Badspot, please monthly contests for community hats
You might wanna talk to gaven so we can get TF2 hats, and TF2 can get blockheads
Promos for indie games are rare nowadays. When an indie developer asks for TF2 promo items, Valve usually tells them to upload them to the Workshop to "see what the community thinks"

It's practically a death sentence. No promo item that has been uploaded to the Workshop from the start has ever been accepted. I've seen it happen on multiple occasions

Meanwhile the AAA games get a free pass without having to use the Workshop.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:43:46 AM by Flubbman »

Meanwhile the AAA games get a free pass

I don't think it's actually free if you know what I mean

I don't think it's actually free if you know what I mean
...they
...have
...to
...suck Gabens big fat rooster?

Badspot also talked about why he doesn't like making topics about features he's putting in lol.

It's not really confirmed by Badspot if it's a "Possible" new feature.

"I can confirm that I might possibly do something". You're not really confirming anything there.
He's mentioned it, sure, and it's all very exciting, but it's not been confirmed that it's going to happen though, has it?

Hats and all are a great idea, but I really don't want this to become TF2, where the game is only played for hats, I really don't want it to become a sort of currency where the server list becomes full of trade servers.

I think something like what Minecraft does with skins would be a better option, that would preserve the core elements of this game and keep it fun the way it is :)

ProTip: Nobody cares

thats like the only .GIF I could find of that one part. :y