drama at zix's server

Author Topic: drama at zix's server  (Read 5280 times)

ive lost count of badmins all i know is that oddity is most definitely not a useful one and simply changes sky colour and does something to piss the whole server off, other than twentefreak who hugs up to him like a loving koala bear

ive lost count of badmins
Make a list, then make the drama. Also, getting proof (whether screenshot, chat or otherwise) would be beneficial.

all i know is that oddity is most definitely not a useful one and simply changes sky colour and does something to piss the whole server off
Again, proof is needed. That said, I can validate that Oddity is indeed a poor choice of admin: on multiple occasions he has modified the timescale of the server, often claiming it's 'allowed' and 'fair,' typically holding a vote for it (which usually sits at 60% approval.) On other occasions, he has modified the environment much like you've said, in a few cases with detrimental affect, one such scenario being that the water level rose because of his messing with environment settings, meaning anyone who spawned in the boat near the cranes would have little to no chance of survival.

other than twentefreak who hugs up to him like a loving koala bear
Mentioning Twentefreak in this scenario does not help your drama. Twente likes Oddity, more than likely because they are friends. Twente is not wrong for liking Oddity, and he can defend Oddity (as he has) provided he's not spewing stuff.

Ultimately, from what I can tell from Zix's attitude, the administration will not be changing, simply because Zix cannot be bothered to give two stuffs either way. Zix has, on a multitude of times, stated his dislike for a wide array of players, and is practically never on his own server. Spamming, stalling and the like have been going on for weeks and yet for large periods of time, no admins will be online to handle it. Your best bet on Zix's server is to just ignore chat as much as possible, and try and not let Oddity get under your skin.

OP is mad because he got banned for continuously bashing an admin named Oddity.

Sure I defended Oddity, but that's because you claimed all kinds of bullstuff reasons just to get him banned and he's not even a bad admin. Yeah okay he changed the environment a few times and changed the timescale but did it really harm the server that much?

You'd think someone isn't a badmin until he randomly bans harmless players.
does something to piss the whole server off
Like what? Ban you and mute spammers? Pretty sure that's his job.

OP is mad because he got banned for continuously bashing an admin named Oddity.

Sure I defended Oddity, but that's because you claimed all kinds of bullstuff reasons just to get him banned and he's not even a bad admin. Yeah okay he changed the environment a few times and changed the timescale but did it really harm the server that much?

You'd think someone isn't a badmin until he randomly bans harmless players.Like what? Ban you and mute spammers? Pretty sure that's his job.
Being a badmin is interfering with the server in a negative way via admin powers, which includes the non-direct powers, such as intimidation.

From what you're saying, I don't see much wrong.

he's not even a bad admin. Yeah okay he changed the environment a few times and changed the timescale but did it really harm the server that much?
Oddity is indeed a poor choice of admin:
on multiple occasions he has modified the timescale of the server, often claiming it's 'allowed' and 'fair,' typically holding a vote for it (which usually sits at 60% approval.)

On other occasions, he has modified the environment much like you've said, in a few cases with detrimental affect, one such scenario being that the water level rose because of his messing with environment settings, meaning anyone who spawned in the boat near the cranes would have little to no chance of survival.
Modifying timescale affects how the game is played, whether faster or slower, and has consistently lagged players (myself included). The game is fine the way it is, and it operates smoother than most servers until Oddity comes on, gets bored and forgets around with his admin abilities.

Modifying environment is just plain distracting. It's hard enough sniping when my mouse only responds every 3/4 of a second, having the sky change color 20 times in 5 seconds is NOT helping that. As I had also stated earlier; he's sloppy. He likes to forget around with environment, but doesn't consider all the possibilities, like the instant-kill water that rose up high enough to kill anyone near the docks.

Oh wow I meant proof
While Neox may not have any evidence of this, I can confirm that he's (for the most part) correct. Oddity has very few fans on the server as is, and he doesn't really fulfill his duties as an admin in the sense that other than banning the occasional rule breaker, all he does is toy around with environment or server settings for an hour, then leaves for the rest of the day.

As twenk has stated in game, Oddity is only a bad admin when I'm around. Well, one could argue he should be a good admin regardless of circumstances (to the best of his ability), but in my case...

I have the 2nd highest score on the server. I play on Zix's server for about 3-4 hours a day, if not more. If the only times Oddity abuses his administrative powers is when I'm on, that's implying that for more than four hours a day, Oddity is abusing. Does this make me credible? Not really, it's not any real solid proof as much as it is "my word vs your word."

Then again, the people that play on the server know exactly what I'm talking about, so within that context, I don't need to post any proof.

You should probably do something better with your free time. I agree that oddity does some pretty pointless things but he never changed the timescale without a vote (60% is still the majority) and does whats in an admins job description.

To put it to comparison I constantly changed the original to TDM because I liked it and thought others would come to like it too.

You should probably do something better with your free time.
How I choose to spend my time is not the issue at hand, nor do I see any problem with it. I particularly enjoy playing on Zix's server, and a wide variety of my friends play on it at the same time.

I agree that oddity does some pretty pointless things but he never changed the timescale without a vote (60% is still the majority)
On a server with 20 players, 40% of 20 is 8 people. 8/20 people. 12 players, including himself, assuming everyone votes. He gets majority vote, sure, but that doesn't make it any more reasonable. I could start a poll on the server right now "should everyone spawn with MAS for the next 5 rounds?" Doesn't mean it'll be any less annoying if that actually works.

and does whats in an admins job description.
The most responsible thing I've ever seen Oddity do was banning OP for raging on the server. Past that, he stuffs around with environment for an hour then leaves.

To put it to comparison I constantly changed the original to TDM because I liked it and thought others would come to like it too.
You changed the mechanics of gameplay while still keeping the game's core the same
He modifies timescale so any 'experience' you might have (whether that's ability to judge where a projectile will go or how rapidly you have to move) is gone. OR, he modifies environment, which is completely unnecessary and never stays anyways, Zix always puts it back to the original environment settings.

You should probably do something better with your free time. I agree that oddity does some pretty pointless things but he never changed the timescale without a vote (60% is still the majority) and does whats in an admins job description.

You can't rely on people voting to make things better. More people = more conflicting ideas. An engineer should know what people need. What is a good and sustainable server. Getting people to like what they've made, not making what people would like. If the server has been up this long, and with this many consistent players, I doubt it needs the timescale increased. Especially only when one assforget is around.

I never said changing the timescale was a good idea (iirc I was the first to ask for a change anyway, as a joke for lag compensation). The point Im making is he didn't do it if the majority didn't want it. Also Adinx I cant decipher your 8/20 people thing what are you talking about

When I get back on the server, Ill see what he was banned for. I forgot what the reason was, but it was for a valid reason if I remember correctly.

About Oddity abusing admin, I think Zix should reconsider most all of his admins imo.

What, Oddity hasnt done anything while I was with him, although I am another Administrator in Zix.