0 (0%)
White
0 (0%)
Orange
0 (0%)
Other (Reply Below)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Pixel Spells :: Released!  (Read 17042 times)

You could make a floating pixel sentry.

Just a simple stationary floating colored voxel, and it detects nearby enemies and fires med damage projectiles at them.

It could be deployed from it's own spell, and it would have very little health.

also, since you plan on using fast playertypes, you could make a spell to slow down players and increase their damage taken by x% for a few seconds. The spell itself would be really slow and would do no damage at all.

Also, if you are going to implement the stealth thingy, you could add a vampiric close ranged backstab thing that heals you for hitting people in the back (dealing lods of damage).

I was going to make progress tonight but then TF2 happened, lul. Will work on stuffs tomorrow.

I was going to make progress tonight but then TF2 happened, lul. Will work on stuffs tomorrow.
bloody hell wanker

Don't consider this project dead, I know I haven't updated this topic in a while nor have I honestly worked on it for two weeks, I just have some personal issues to overcome currently. I'll get working soon, trust me.

Don't consider this project dead, I know I haven't updated this topic in a while nor have I honestly worked on it for two weeks, I just have some personal issues to overcome currently. I'll get working soon, trust me.

i have faith in you bby

I'm thinking of expanding this into a gamemode. A class based DM or TDM with these. If I do I'm going to have to make a good arena styled map, something open but closed at the same time.

Also I just now got an idea, I know how a lot of you wanted a cloak and such, well what if instead of just pixels I also make pickups, like maybe you run over it and are temporarily cloaked. I don't know what other pick ups I could do (I don't want heal since it would destroy the healer class), so maybe any ideas for if I decide to implement it?

I'm also considering replacing the shield with something like "Reflector Pixel". Instead of just reflecting and blocking projectiles it also pushes people, itt: a fully auto tf2 pyro airblast. It sounds more fun than just a shield to me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:44:19 PM by Ghille »

I'm thinking of expanding this into a gamemode. A class based DM or TDM with these. If I do I'm going to have to make a good arena styled map, something open but closed at the same time.

Also I just now got an idea, I know how a lot of you wanted a cloak and such, well what if instead of just pixels I also make pickups, like maybe you run over it and are temporarily cloaked. I don't know what other pick ups I could do (I don't want heal since it would destroy the healer class), so maybe any ideas for if I decide to implement it?

I'm also considering replacing the shield with something like "Reflector Pixel". Instead of just reflecting and blocking projectiles it also pushes people, itt: a fully auto tf2 pyro airblast. It sounds more fun than just a shield to me.
Sounds good, but please (!) make the weapons downloadable completely separately from the game-mode. Anyway, I'm not sure about the pickup things. I would prefer rechargeable but multi-use weapons.

What about the blink spell?

these are great ideas. i encourage this notion

Sounds good, but please (!) make the weapons downloadable completely separately from the game-mode. Anyway, I'm not sure about the pickup things. I would prefer rechargeable but multi-use weapons.

What about the blink spell?
Began to implement it, but didn't work out. Idk, I'm hesitant on it but I may try again.

and yes, weapons will be completely separate from the game mode and probably released before hand. What I'll do is, release the weapons first so you guys can get your hands on them, and start the pick-ups as sort of an expansion pack. If you really really want I might release an alpha, it probably wont have the health pixel functioning correctly, or the reflector, but I mean you guys can still check the weapons out.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:45:39 PM by Ghille »

Double toast bump

I'd just like to update that I prolly won't be working on this the next week or so, I got exams and I'm building my first PC. If you're interested I just might release a beta in its current state for balancing feedback and such.

Double toast bump

I'd just like to update that I prolly won't be working on this the next week or so, I got exams and I'm building my first PC. If you're interested I just might release a beta in its current state for balancing feedback and such.

I'm definitely interested.

I'm definitely interested.
I might make a few touch ups before an alpha release.

I might make a few touch ups before an alpha release.

Don't keep me waiting too long  :cookieMonster:

Don't keep me waiting too long  :cookieMonster:
Eh, why not give it now ;3

Things to know/I'm already know about:
-Health pixel is all dun messed up, it heals enemies you're supposed to be damaging.
-After firing a charged shot on the ranged pixel, the emitter does not revert back to the original. I believe I know how to fix it but I really don't feel like getting into it right now.
-The reflector doesn't push players yet
-The reflector lacks emitters/sounds
-The weapons have no CI's.

What I'd recommend you use these for:

A arena styled class based DM with a map thats somewhat open with some tight spaces.

Rapid Fire Pixel - Quake like player
Ranged Pixel - Fuel jet player
Bomb Pixel - Quake like
Reflector - Quake like
If there was a functioning health pixel - Fuel jet

I'd appreciate feedback on weapon balancing, for I'm not the best at it. Have fun!

Download
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:16:01 PM by Ghille »

oh my god! I love these, they're adorable!

make more, if you can.