Author Topic: The <WORST> 3D models you've ever made?  (Read 14025 times)

This model was made way back in high school. Just to note, the program used was neither Blender nor Milkshape, it was the school's 3D modeling program. I fiddled around with the program when I was bored in study hall.
That's not that bad...?

"gratify me" the thread

no heed

that is not what this thread is for

its for showcasing your stuff

complete and utter stuff

nothing more

no heed

that is not what this thread is for

its for showcasing your stuff

complete and utter stuff

nothing more
i've seen like 5 bad models and the rest has been a pity party

thread is facebook girls "wah im sooo ugly :("

My whole post has bad models and there are more than 5 >:C
Does this mean I am the only one who did bad models? :'(

Modelers who are overly critical of their own work: The Thread.

maybe your definition of bad is a bit more lenient, but every single loving thing I've posted is horrible in one way or another

the gauss rifle may not look too bad at first glance but when you realize the polycount on it is over SIX THOUSAND it becomes a lot worse. there's a forget of a lot more that could be done with those triangles.

these kinds of comments have always bothered me. you can never be excessively critical of your own work, self criticism is the very force that drives you to improve as an artist, it's important
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:18:17 PM by takato14 »

i've modelled some decent work at school using autodesk inventor, then 3d printed segments and stuck them together in real life, then filling in the lines with bondo

i need to find the pictures tho

i've modelled some decent work at school using autodesk inventor, then 3d printed segments and stuck them together in real life, then filling in the lines with bondo

i need to find the pictures tho
"Bad."

????

modelers with good habits: the thread

Once upon a time:

The sad thing is I thought it was really good at the time.

"Bad."

????
They're bad in other peoples eyes, I thought they looked good for how stuff I am at modelling. I tried finding the pictures, I couldn't find anything. :(

ok while it admittedly isnt my worst there is a LOT of bullstuff going on with this thing

the screws are all way too small, the shell ejection doesnt line up with the barrel, that indented thing on the front is just jutting out, the barrel is really loving derpy, the sights are ugly, the mag is lopsided, that thing above the main handle is nonsense

also the reload animation I made for it is loving terrible

the only pieces of this I'm happy with are the front handle and the shell ejection door, and maybe the stock

I really wish I still had this model so I could tear it apart and make it presentable
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:51:34 PM by takato14 »