Change Clan Tag Infinitely on Server

Author Topic: Change Clan Tag Infinitely on Server  (Read 1679 times)

Hey guys.

I've been looking for this for quite some time.

Is there any add-on out there that can change a person's clan tag on the server forever? So if they leave and come back; the set clan tag will still be the same? But only on the server.

If anyone could find an add-on or make one I would greatly appreciate it.

Tuevon don't even think about saying titles
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:38:30 PM by Jakobblockhead »

You could set their clantag and store it somewhere to re-set it every time they join.

Do you mean a client-sided mod that has server-specific clan tags, or a server-sided mod that forcibly sets certain clients' clan tags?

Do you mean a client-sided mod that has server-specific clan tags, or a server-sided mod that forcibly sets certain clients' clan tags?

forcibly sets certain clients' clan tags

forcibly sets certain clients' clan tags
I doubt that's possible. why would you even want to do that? it's just rude. I would never go to the server of anyone who had an addon like this

I doubt that's possible.
It is possible. That's how the Admin Shields mod works, for instance.

Why would you even want to do that? It's just rude.
Again, this is basically what the Admin Shields mod does, it just only adds a bitmap.

I would never go to the server of anyone who had an addon like this.
Admin Shields, a lot of VIP scripts, any server with any form of eval, any server where the host knows how to use the console, so on.

I doubt that's possible. why would you even want to do that? it's just rude. I would never go to the server of anyone who had an addon like this
It's not rude, there's even an event that does that. I find clan tags incredibly annoying so I usually use an add-on to turn it off.

you guys don't seem to understand that OP wants it to change your clan tags for real, not just while you're in his server
wait I'm an idiot

so do you guys have anything?

well it should be easy I think. there are already console commands for changing someone's clan tags and I don't imagine it would be difficult to make a mod that automatically changed them whenever someone joined. I just don't know how to do it

Close but not quite; theres only one color you can change; and you have to open up the entire script to change it. I need one more versatile.

Here's my attempt at a mod to satisfy your request. Everything is done through the server command /clantagoverride, and it can only be used by Super Admins. I've listed a couple examples below the download link of how to use it. Make sure to pay attention to how example #2 and #3 differ, as I wanted you to have the functionality to make someone's clan tag blank (#2) as well as revert to their own clan tag (#3). I tested it on my singleplayer server and it works as expected, including between server restarts, but if there are any oddities with it on a multiplayer server please let me know.

Server_ClanTagOverride.zip

/clantagoverride 14941 prefix [ADMIN]
/clantagoverride 45864 suffix
/clantagoverride 45864 suffix /clear

Thank you so much! This well help out a lot.