Dglider's Brick-Making Service

Author Topic: Dglider's Brick-Making Service  (Read 3502 times)

This service is no longer available.  All current projects will be finished.

Hey there, I can make bricks, but I'd rather be doing other things.  But I also have a paypal account, and people get payed to do things they don't want to do, right?  No, I guess it's more of getting payed for doing things of value, whatever.

-Past Work-
This is some of the brick-related stuff I've posted in the past.
Brick_Extra65
Brick_ModTer_8xCornerCFix
Brick_QuarterRoad
Brick_QuarterRoadXtraRamps
Brick_Door_Plain_Diagonal
Old brickmaking tutorial(inefficient)

-Pricing-
Here is a chart on how much these things cost.  This may change as I figure out how long it takes to make each type.

Easy     Medium   Hard
Basic$0.10XX
Modeled$0.25$0.50$1.00
Modeled w/DTS Collision  $0.35$0.65$1.20

Paypal takes $0.30 out of every transaction I recieve, so the minimum for any transaction is $0.40.  So, three basic bricks would cost $0.40 even though if you go by the chart it should cost $0.30.  Five basic bricks would cost $0.50.

-The Process-

Dealings
  • You send me the request.
  • I respond with questions comments whatever.
  • You answer said questions or whatever.
  • I send you an email with a breakdown of the pricing.  This is the price that will show up on the invoice.
  • You OK the pricing, or attempt further dealings.

Working
I work on these bricks in the order the deals are finalized.  I will work atleast 1 hour a day, so things will always keep moving.

Payment
Payments go through Paypal.  They're one of if not the most predominant money-handling service on the web.  They handle all of the money related dealings credit card info etc.  All I see is a name and whatever amount of money is deposited in my account.
Paypal accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and, ehm, Paypal, if you have an account.
Paying goes something like this.
  • I send you an email containing pictures and information on the brick and the amount it costs.
  • You send me the OK.  Or ask for more work on it.  If you suddenly decide it needs dts collision, I can do that, but that adds to the overall fee.
  • I send an invoice to your email via paypal.  This invoice contains a button that brings you to paypal's website where you can pay.
  • Once I recieve payment, I will send the bricks to the same email I sent the invoice to via either a mediafire link or as an attachment.
  • If needed I can resend the link/file to the email I sent the invoice to.

-Refunds-
Since digital content can be copied the moment it is recieved- If I have sent the brick, there are no refunds.  If, however, you catch me after you have paid but before I have actually sent the brick, I will refund all of the money I recieved.  That's whatever you sent- minus the $0.30 Paypal takes out.

-Contact-
You can contact me through my email.
-snip-

Your message should contain:

• Your name, ingame or otherwise.  Whatever you want me to call you.
  • What you're requesting.  How many bricks, what they should look like, what they should do, etc.  Include pictures or drawings if possible.
  • How much you're willing to spend on this.  We may have to simplify some of the bricks depending on this number. :o

-Other Things-
Functional doors have to be modeled 3 times(Closed, OpenCW, OpenCCW), so they cost 2.5 times whatever that brick's original price would be.(1 for the original, .75 for every model after that. 1+.75+.75=2.5)
This applies to other bricks that have to be modeled multiple times as well.

If you cannot pay, please don't bother requesting anything.  Even if I end up making the brick I won't be giving it to you until I get paid.

Anyhow- that's it.  gl hf
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:29:17 AM by Dglider »

Those prices are much more reasonable than the last.

I will definitely be using this service!
Can I PM you instead of email? I rarely check my BL email and I always check my forum PM.

oh hell yes those prices
now this is MUCH better

I'll probably be needing some modeled bricks so I'll let you know later in a pm

Dem prices.
I don't even want to make bricks, but I still want to use this service.

Can I PM you instead of email?
Yes, but I'll still need an email to send the invoice to.

Yes, but I'll still need an email to send the invoice to.
Sent a PM :)
forgot to put the email in that, but ill send you that when you reply

Paypal takes $0.30 out of every transaction I recieve, so the minimum for any transaction is $0.40. 

Correction on this, PayPal takes 2.9% of the amount plus $.30.

the prices seem a lot more reasonable now! I might use this.

Nvm, I hope this goes far!

Seriously recommend this service! I got this working hobbit door with icon and packaged for only $1.20!!

Really nice job Dglider!
10/10 service.

The pricing is much more realistic now. Nice.

Now you're charging too low. When i was buying bricks from Damian (or is it Demian?) and Phydeoux i was paying minimum 5$, max, 30$. You should at least set the min to $1.00, but it's your call.

Now you're charging too low. When i was buying bricks from Damian (or is it Demian?) and Phydeoux i was paying minimum 5$, max, 30$. You should at least set the min to $1.00, but it's your call.
Not eveyone likes paying a ton of money for bricks. I'm getting 3 mods done by Uxie (Patriot SAM system, Stinger SAM, and Phalanx CIWS) for about $5 each, all of those are a lot harder and time consuming than making bricks, so I don't think people should be paying a ridiculous $5.

I'd be happy to pay $5 minimum for bricks. Much more realistic price.