Xbox Topic

Poll

Which is your main Xbox?

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Author Topic: Xbox Topic  (Read 53639 times)

All in one. Input one.

This thread is over 1 year old!
11th May 2014

OP by Kel'Block
Xbox Live names gathered by blueblur121
Xbox Live List created by Foxscotch
Logo by Ocelotus
Topic created and managed by Bacon Pancakes

Summary

The Xbox is a video gaming brand created by Microsoft. It includes a series of video game consoles developed by Microsoft, with consoles in the sixth to eighth generations, as well as applications (games), streaming services, and the online service, Xbox Live. The brand was first introduced on November 15, 2001 in the United States, with the launch of the original Xbox console.

That original device was the first video game console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996. It reached over 24 million units sold as of May 10, 2006. Microsoft's second console, the Xbox 360, was released in 2005 and has sold over 77.2 million consoles worldwide as of April 18, 2013. The successor to the Xbox 360 and Microsoft's most recent console, the Xbox One, was revealed on May 21, 2013. The Xbox One has been released in 21 markets around the world on November 22, 2013, with the UK as its first country. The head of Xbox is Phil Spencer, who succeeded former head Marc Whitten in late March 2014.

Source: Wikipedia

Consoles

Xbox
The original Xbox was released on November 15, 2001 in North America, February 22, 2002 in Japan, and March 14, 2002 in Australia and Europe. It was Microsoft's first foray into the gaming console market. As part of the sixth-generation of gaming, the Xbox competed with Sony's PlayStation 2, Sega's Dreamcast, and Nintendo's GameCube. The Xbox was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996. The name Xbox was derived from a contraction of DirectX Box, a reference to Microsoft's graphics API, DirectX.

Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 was released as the successor of the original Xbox in November 2005, competing with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game consoles. As of June 30, 2013, 78.2 million Xbox 360 consoles have been sold worldwide. The Xbox 360 was officially unveiled on MTV on May 12, 2005, with detailed launch and game information divulged later that month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). The console sold out completely upon release in all regions except in Japan.

Xbox One

The Xbox One was released on November 22, 2013 in North America, as the successor of the Xbox 360. The Xbox One competes with Sony's PlayStation 4 and Nintendo's Wii U as part of the eighth generation of video game consoles.

Announced on May 21, 2013, the Xbox One will place a large emphasis on internet-based features; including the ability to record and stream gameplay, and the ability to integrate with a set-top box to watch cable or satellite TV through the console with an enhanced guide interface and Kinect-based voice control.

Online services

Xbox Live
Xbox Live is an online service with over 40 million users worldwide (as of January 10, 2012). It comprises an online virtual market, the Xbox Live Marketplace, which allows the purchase and download of games and various forms of multimedia. Online gaming on the Xbox first started on November 15, 2002 worldwide. The service is still active and continues to be played by gamers.

Xbox Live Marketplace
The Xbox Live Marketplace (XBLM) is a virtual market designed for Microsoft's Xbox 360 console that allows Xbox Live members to download purchased or promotional content. The service offers movie and game trailers, Video Store, game demos, Xbox Live Arcade games, Xbox Live Indie Games (Previously Community Games), Games on Demand (Xbox 360 and Xbox Originals), downloadable content such as map packs, gamer pictures, and Xbox 360 Dashboard themes.

Xbox SmartGlass
Xbox SmartGlass is a companion application for Xbox 360 available for Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS, Android (version 4.0 and above) and Windows Server 2012. It was announced by Microsoft during E3 2012 and released on October 26, 2012, coinciding with the release of Windows 8. It connects with the Xbox 360 and allows more interactive entertainment, allowing mobile devices to potentially serve as second screens and remote controller. Currently Windows 8 and Windows RT Tablets and PCs, Windows Phone (7.5 and 8) iOS devices, and Android smartphones (4.x) are compatible with SmartGlass, providing information such as Halo 4 stats and Forza Horizon GPS. Users of Windows Server 2012 can currently download the application from the Windows Store after installing the Windows Desktop Experience feature in the Server Manager.

List of Users

Forums Name
Xbox Name
Bacon Pancakes
- YetiHat
blueblur121
- Hobb121
Frontrox
- Frontrox
Rooged
- Kohna14
OrkusBorkus
- Skrynijr
AcornCake
- Sgt EpicMuffin
richard
- Mr Mosecakes
uno_da_cat
- ACD Tinker
Muslim
- nicefruitsman
SlayerZ99
- Thirtieth Spy
Stick Man
- PlasmaStickMan
Deus Ex
- D PAIN KILLA
MrLoL
- TheMisterLoL
Artificial Blocko
- DatBassDawg
sir dooble
- SirDooble
dargereldren
- dargereldren
KillerCop311
- xXAlex311Xx
termibrown townlyCapricious
- Axyrion
Kevso
- Desire Peace
Blockguy™
- flightguy123
Tonkka²
- Tonkka558/Tonkka885
superslayer
- modern hippie12
beachbum111111
- beachbum111111
halonerfer29
- VoidableRumble4
MonkeyFunkyMonkey
- coolfunkypanda
Slammer1337
- Lozeenge
Dragonslayer182
- Dragonslayer64k
Blaze0
- VelocityLP
MrKitKat
- AppleberryBLST
Mouse droidz 21
- DroidZ21
miniiron45
- Skylord Nation
Cakey
- LCH Cakey
RedJohn
- theartofcow
xbox 360 fan
- SG KingxClutch
Nonnel
- LemonDevo
John Freeman
- ZombieEatBurger
zombekillz
- ZombeKillz
Snaked_Snake
- MeicalJester86
Froth.sh
- UberArceus
Mardalf
- SludgyGymnast13
Doughboy
- Doughvahkiin
Favela
- FuD Dreamz
K1ng_0f_N0thing
- KovySniper17
Bicky
- Midgelot
querty67
- Martian097
wolfy
- qxCAINxp
tkepahama
- Ltx Jamergaman
randomtroll39
- Doranboyxx
Masterlegodude
- WingedKirby4
The GI of MA
- c00lc00ldude01
DrHitius
- NickGraysonLong
Willco2
- Redey1290
pefu19
- kxaitolini

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:21:13 AM by Bacon Pancakes »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:37:59 AM by Bacon Pancakes »

Man I love to play titanfall on my Xbox one, who else does too

Sad I can't be in the OP because my Xbox red-ringed and I don't have the cash to buy a new one with Forza

Discontinued:2006 - 2008
friends. This was my favorite console of all time.

Sad I can't be in the OP because my Xbox red-ringed and I don't have the cash to buy a new one with Forza
I can add you and write 'Red ringed' next to your name if you want :)

friends. This was my favorite console of all time.
Thanks for quoting that btw. Found I forgot to put spaces after the colon.

Hey, you have a lovey looking gamertag list there.

Hey, you have a lovey looking gamertag list there.
Remembered to credit you!

Add me VoidableRumble4
Why did you steal someone's avatar.