Adjustable Brick Sizes?

Author Topic: Adjustable Brick Sizes?  (Read 2601 times)

It'd be AWESOME if we had something to be able to change the dimensions of a brick, kind of like how you can do it in Roblox, where if you drag the top of the brick up and down, it becomes taller and shorter, and if you drag the side left or right it becomes longer or shorter.

impossible
If the Roblox people can do it, I'm pretty sure Badspot can.

this would require a complete rewrite of the BLB system and doing this would break every single brick we currently have

just because one specific game on one specific engine does something doesnt mean another specific game on another specific engine is capable of doing the same thing, please learn the basic concept of coding and game development in general

This is out of context, but the same deal.
"If CryEngine has UltraHD graphics, I'm pretty sure Blockland can too".

This is not possible, unfortunately, because the brick sizes are coded into the .blbs.

He most likely can, but he most likely won't do it. 99.9% of the content in this game is community made, and we can only do so much before we hit the boundary of what's possible with torkscript.

However, it might be possible to do something like this in singleplayer. Definitely no multiplayer.

I think it's possible, but it would be messy without an engine change.

Without the engine change I think it would involve either a re-sizable dts object which may not do textures correctly. Or some sort of brick grid system.  So when you place a brick it essentially just places down a bunch of unregistered 1x1f plates with special textures on the sides.  And then if you delete any 1 of the plates, it deletes all plates linked to it.  messy...

I can't even see why such a brick would be needed, we already have all of those 5x, 7x, 11x, and such to fill in the gaps (since the brick width goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, etc.)

I can't even see why such a brick would be needed, we already have all of those 5x, 7x, 11x, and such to fill in the gaps (since the brick width goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, etc.)
Ease of use.  It's easier to click and drag, or hit a button to change the size, than it is to scroll through a brick menu with 100+ specially sized bricks.

Completely possible, depends on whether or not Badspot finds it necessary. Zeblote is being stubborn again.

OP: *anything which hasn't already been done*
Zeblote: impossible

Zeblote is being stubborn again.
Alright port, then show off how you will do this with torkscript.

Alright port, then show off how you will do this with torkscript.

When did I say it should be done with TorqueScript?

It would no doubt be much easier for Badspot to simply develop his own engine to make this work. I work for Schema, who is developing Starmade; he made the game's engine himself and it is one of the most versatile and interactive game engines I have ever used. He changes it a bit here and there with each new released update to add more features.
Unfortunately Badspot does not have that luxury with Blockland because the game already has lots of limitations that are in the engine, which if he was to change it would break many other things in the process.

PERFECT LOGIC