8 (10.3%)
rotnodu
17 (21.8%)
batspod
26 (33.3%)
ephlitase
15 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: RTB is coming back!! NEW info on irc!!  (Read 5433 times)

Okay, joking around is over, this isn't gonna turn out the way you wanted it to be, OP

rtb was shutdown for completely different reasons of which we do not speak of

What reasons? DDoS?

Was really looking forward to seeing RTB back again. Glad to see it's making a come back!

What reasons? DDoS?
Quote from: Ephialtes
I wasn't intending to explain much further but there's a bunch of stupid rumors going around so I may as well clarify things.

RTB's always been about furthering my own skills and knowledge and featured prominently on my resume when I applied for my first job (and it's probably why I got it). It got to the point a while ago that RTB no longer did that for me but I continued because I enjoyed the game/community and it provided a lot of useful services that were clearly needed - plus I saw an opportunity to have my work exposed to a much larger userbase via Steam.

However in my opinion the Steam launch was underwhelming, badly co-ordinated and still has a number of non-trivial problems that haven't been resolved a month and a half or so later. Honestly I expected game development to be taken a bit more seriously given the potential for a much wider audience but it's just not materialised and I got bored of putting more effort into the game than the guys who make it. I offered to develop community features and services for free as an official part of Blockland but there wasn't much interest or follow-up on that.

So with my free time running out due to a recent job promotion I'm having to pick what I want to spend it on more carefully and I really can't justify spending any more of it on modding Blockland. I'll continue to play and moderate because it's a great game but I'm done developing.
link to the quote: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251183.msg7268062#msg7268062

link to the quote: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251183.msg7268062#msg7268062
Thanks Georges.

Okay, ya.. so no. Unless Eric Hartman has put some money on the table Nick is done forever. Sucks that no one cares. This is one of the greatest games ever and it wasn't marketed well. He sold at least 100k copies by now, which is great but there is still a chance to something much better. I'm sure Eric was stumped trying to integrate blockland into steam but he needs to follow through. Steam Machine could be the next step for blockland but if he doesn't see it through then we will only be speaking of what could have been.

Eric,
If you're done with the game, please give it to a group of individuals that will take care of it. I'm sure there is a group of well qualified developers who would love to take this off your hands.

Eric,
If you're done with the game, please give it to a group of individuals that will take care of it. I'm sure there is a group of well qualified developers who would love to take this off your hands.

inb4disneyorroblox

Ephi's name is spelled wrong. This is a hoax, their just trying to raise our hopes up and then crush them. If what ephi says is true. He will send me a personal message in the next 24 hours. Otherwise, forget you and your trick.

guys i bring good news about the new irc!

This is hilarious.

Ephi's name is spelled wrong. This is a hoax, their just trying to raise our hopes up and then crush them. If what ephi says is true. He will send me a personal message in the next 24 hours. Otherwise, forget you and your trick.

this is almost as funny

can someone even be this oblivious.
this is a joke and probably the most obvious joke.

lord techno didn't realize the joke because he is oblivious to all jokes, I mean come on he took Prince Jay's seriously.

Name is spelled wrong