Author Topic: Just got a random BSOD, what?  (Read 2596 times)

What shows that it is a psu problem?

I get these when my computer doesn't properly turns on, like, you turn it on but a black screen stays there. so, I hold the turn on/off button and restart it. works fine most of the time.

Happens to me a lot. Should I replace my PSU? It's a CX-430 (Non-modular)

Attached are a snip of a section of OPs log that defines the problem, and another snip from the Microsoft Website about the error message

Nothing.

Unless this is happening regularly, which it isn't, then it's definitely not a PSU problem

i mean i once got a BSOD from jiggling a usb cord inside a 3.0 usb port. drivers must have crashed the computer
Something similar happened to me.

Except a failing supply could mean the immediate failure of the components it is powering, or it could, you know, start a fire.

God you're ignorant.

Power supplies don't spontaneously combust without throwing errors. Him getting a single BSOD does not mean his power supply is about to explode. Are you the kind of person who pulls over to the side of the highway and calls a towing company when your check engine light comes on?

Power supplies don't spontaneously combust without throwing errors. Him getting a single BSOD does not mean his power supply is about to explode. Are you the kind of person who pulls over to the side of the highway and calls a towing company when your check engine light comes on?
No way he'd drive a car, it could spontaneously crash!!

Moreover, the amount of safety regulations and standards that modern PSU's have to abide by before being allowed to be sold...