Author Topic: Bricks Turning White Ingame  (Read 1988 times)

I was on Pecon7's Dungeon server just earlier, and encountered a bug that a few other users at the time encountered aswell.

(Pictured here):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967941157/screenshots/

Console.log will be located in the usual place.

A good thing to note is that the environment settings were consistently set to almost pitch black. It appears to only affect certain players, so I'm thinking this may be an issue with certain graphics cards. I've never experienced this issue.

As everything except the GUI is white, it most likely has something to do with your graphics card.
See if your drivers are up-to-date.

Can you also tell us what your shader settings are? (off, low, minimum, high, ...)
And can you try to turn them off when you encounter the problem again?

Do you use any of the shader enhancers, like the one from Port?

I used to get this a lot on my old computer, but in random flashes. It rarely stayed like that.
It's nothing to do with enviro settings, and my shaders were always off, so I'm pretty sure it's your graphics card.

As everything except the GUI is white, it most likely has something to do with your graphics card.
See if your drivers are up-to-date.
Drivers are up to date, I guarantee this is my graphics card, it's pretty old. (5+ years.)

Can you also tell us what your shader settings are? (off, low, minimum, high, ...)
I never have shaders on, as I can barely run minimum. (I was asked by Pecon to turn on minimum shaders to see how it affected my game: everything appeared to have the glow spray on it, and its color was...inverted? For example, the iron sword was green and the wizard staff was a cartoon brown.)

And can you try to turn them off when you encounter the problem again?
Like I said, I don't use shaders, turning them off caused the above experience, strangly, after turning shaders on, the effect stopped after a moment, hence why I have no picture of the effect with shaders on, I don't know if it's just a coincidence it shuts off when shaders are on, or this is a real solution.

Do you use any of the shader enhancers, like the one from Port?
No.

Sorry for the double-post, I forgot to add this odd 'glitch?' only occurs on Pecon's server, or so I've seen.

Sorry for the double-post, I forgot to add this odd 'glitch?' only occurs on Pecon's server, or so I've seen.
Hmm, then it may have something to do with a client sided addon conflicting with one of the addons used on Pecons server.
Move them temporary, see if that fixes the issue.

How many times has it happened?
Does it happen immediately as you join, after a certain amount of time or randomly?

This happens to me on Tezunis server only when I am tilted at a certain angle and if I am in one of the many spots it happens in.

Hmm, then it may have something to do with a client sided addon conflicting with one of the addons used on Pecons server.
Move them temporary, see if that fixes the issue.
That's the thing, I don't have any addons installed, whatsoever. The only exceptions being the addons installed joining other servers, other than that my Blockland is vanilla.

How many times has it happened?
Does it happen immediately as you join, after a certain amount of time or randomly?
As far as I've seen, it is really random. I've gone whole dungeoning sessions without the issue occuring, and sometimes it happenes as soon as I spawn. The first time I joined the server since it was finished about a few days ago, the issue never occured that day, period.

*happens, sorry, that was a glaring flaw in my sentence.

I remember this happened me me once, only everything except the skybox and the GUI was pitch black. I'm going to assume it's a completely different bug.

Its not your GPU then I can guess.

I was going to say that It was a badmin hitting Highlight bricks but then you said only certain people see it.

Its not your GPU then I can guess.

I was going to say that It was a badmin hitting Highlight bricks but then you said only certain people see it.
Doing that on an (as far as I can see) infinite-generated-brickworld server probably wouldn't be a good idea. Unless Pecon7 limits the dungeon radius.

I remember this happened me me once, only everything except the skybox and the GUI was pitch black. I'm going to assume it's a completely different bug.
That can be fixed by resetLighting();.