mental handicapation fight

Author Topic: mental handicapation fight  (Read 11760 times)

I've played the cello for 8 years. I got past the 2cellos screeching phase two ago.
then why aren't you on tv

so whats bad about this?
how is this not talent?
i certainly couldnt do this

then why aren't you on tv
because i stopped gunning for the approval of the non-musically educated and actually objectively improving?

I bet OP hates Apocalyptica.

because i stopped gunning for the approval of the non-musically educated and actually objectively improving?

because that makes those two cellists talentless

okay

they loving shredded on a cello

because that makes those two cellists talentless

okay
The act they performed did not showcase talent. What am I missing here?

The act they performed did not showcase talent. What am I missing here?
And what is talent to you, exactly? Is it just difficulty? Or is it inspiring a crowd?

You should know by now that anything that is actually average in a specialized field (decompiling a game, making a good dinner, knowing how to play the cello) is considered amazing by anyone else who doesn't have any ability in that field. This is the perfect example of that.

A cellist of four to five years could honestly do this. These guys aren't doing anything impressive with their instruments It was simple rhythm and melody in basic positions with some gimmicky screeching mixed in. It's just style with no actual talent or substance behind it.
Pathetic honestly. It's a true amateur who doesn't appreciate growing musicians who still have much to learn. They're experimenting with an unorthodox style and you're condemning them for trying something. How weak do you have to be to actually get mad at people who are still learning and call them "talentless hacks". You actually got so aggravated that you made a topic about it so you could tell the world that you think you're better. Yea, you might've "gotten over" the 2cellos screeching phase two years ago, but you still haven't gotten over your amateur elitist phase yet. Learn your place, brat.

OP belongs in /r/iamverysmart