Author Topic: Snow White [24058], Derreck [?], Enjoy others saved work.  (Read 5798 times)

So I built a map a few months ago:

http://youtu.be/-v7pO2AnGe0

The main use of this map was for "Bim's Fortwars".
Then today, looking through the server list, I've seen a rather familar screenshot:

Further inspection reveals that this is indeed my map. also page strech

The Beach

The "center"

And some mountains.

As for "Derreck", I have one screenshot:

I really wish people would not save and re-use this map as it isn't made for them.

Did they say they made it?

As long as they're not claiming that its theirs, there isnt really a problem

there is no problem even if they claim its theirs

Did they say they made it?

It isn't for them anyway.
Not sure about derreck, but snow white refused to make his/her own map so it could be considered claiming as own.

there is no problem even if they claim its theirs
If someone posted a build of yours in gallery and claimed it as theirs it wouldnt be a problem to you???

It isn't for them anyway.
So?
but snow white refused to make his/her own map so it could be considered claiming as own.
Nah not really, he's just using a map that was publicly hosted

"Snow White [24058], Derreck [?], Enjoy others saved work."

That's the whole point of the save feature and it's use online.
Anything you build or load online is available for anyone to save and for them to enjoy later on. That is the purpose of saving online, and it's an attribute of the game which Badspot himself upholds.

I'm afraid in the game you don't have the right to say that other people can't enjoy your work and play with it, even if it is hosted on another server.

The only way there is an issue is if they are claiming to have built it themselves.
They don't have to give credit (although that's generally the nice thing to do), but they shouldn't take credit where it isn't due.
In that circumstance it is fine to drama someone. But if they're just playing with it then they're allowed to.

Just be happy that the build you made is being used by other people for fun.
If they're not claiming it as their own they're not harming anyone.
It's better than the save being hidden in someone's folder and no one ever enjoying it.

Welp, credit is finally given, it was a hassle.

I still disapprove the use of others saves...

If you really, truly want to prevent this to the best of your ability, create your own custom brick pack and give it to nobody else. Otherwise, nothing can be done.

If you really, truly want to prevent this to the best of your ability, create your own custom brick pack and give it to nobody else. Otherwise, nothing can be done.
pretty sure loophooling the save system is bannable

Considering it gives you the save in a state in which you can edit the text file to replace the brick names, it's not that difficult to circumvent. It does take some dedication, however.

Considering it gives you the save in a state in which you can edit the text file to replace the brick names, it's not that difficult to circumvent. It does take some dedication, however.
Doesn't mean that Badspot would let you get away with it if it came out though.

Sorry.Explain to me,please?