Author Topic: Why don't we have a food that includes all vitamins we need?  (Read 5200 times)

It seems that with today's technology we could totally synthesize or create a food that includes all the vitamins and calories we need for the day and if taken in multiple parts (2 or 3) it could totally make us not eat the whole day besides that. what gives?

It would probably taste like stuff

it's the corportaitons man..............
you didn't hear it from me

if you really want to try it you should probably look into juicing

if you know what to put in, you can probably get almost everything in terms of nutrition

But, if something like that ever appears, that'd be rad and I'd eat it anyway.

because it would taste gross as stuff, and health has way more to do with how much you exercise, what your metabolism is like, and genetics than anything else.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:33:33 AM by SeventhSandwich »

There's this tasteless drink thing called Soylent which claims it has everything you need to at least exist

There's this tasteless drink thing called Soylent which claims it has everything you need to at least exist
Is it green?

it could potentially be done, but you would still be hungry and the lack of fiber/actual food would cause you to lose weight

You already have access to all the vitamins you need, you just don't eat them anyway.
My guess is it would be the same if you put them in a terrible tasting single food as apposed to a healthy diet.

It seems that with today's technology we could totally synthesize or create a food that includes all the vitamins and calories we need for the day and if taken in multiple parts (2 or 3) it could totally make us not eat the whole day besides that. what gives?

Dunno if it's just me but that doesn't seem enjoyable to me at all. Eating is great. I don't want that pleasure to disappear from my life.

too many vitamins are actually bad for you

I take multivitamins, vitamin C, and vitamin D3 as separate pills.