-Spike- ~ i'll just take someone's idea, take credit for it, then bitch about it

Author Topic: -Spike- ~ i'll just take someone's idea, take credit for it, then bitch about it  (Read 3180 times)

You're the one bitching about how I supposedly took your idea. Not only are you making a whole drama topic, but you also made a big deal on your server topic by locking it and changing the title. It doesn't matter if I was banned from your server, Raven, since I no longer have interest in your servers. Maybe if you took the extra step to ignore me, maybe you wouldn't be posting a whole drama about it.

I simply provided an idea to CBMHost, never intending for a server. I didn't read the full description of the contest, which is my fault. If you want to throw stupid accusations at me and bitch about it in General Discussion, you need to find something else to do.

actually I'm laughing at everyone who is supporting op.

why? because op just made this topic because literally his panties are in a bunch over someone being abrasive.

people are going to do this, just because your mom isn't on the forum to say things to everyone who is mean to you doesn't mean you have to complain about it.

like spike said, just ignore him, really. you're just going to get him more attention.

also i would also like to point out how many people actually posted /support and didn't fully read the topic. gg.

also forgot to add that the idea of crouch jet/ragdoll stuff isn't a unique idea. we have been doing stuff like this since v8 with the skis. please try to formulate a better basis for your argument next time.

Spike saved my soccer stadium, then hosted it publicly because he had to "practice with his team"

/support

wasn't crouch racing/jumping/whatever something people did for fun pre-v21?
I remember there used to be race maps for it in rtb.

I'm getting from this is that you're pissed he suggested it first, and he didn't take credit so whats the problem here?

granted he seems to be a richard but really in this case he isn't in the wrong.

You're getting awful mad about your dead server.

Spike saved my soccer stadium, then hosted it publicly because he had to "practice with his team"

did he take credit for it
otherwise i don't really see a problem

I gave full credit to Mr.LoL, Greeph, and King-Julian for the stadium. I even included the credits in the welcome message. People could also tell that they built it, since the field still had their names written on it.

I gave full credit to Mr.LoL, Greeph, and King-Julian for the stadium. I even included the credits in the welcome message. People could also tell that they built it, since the field still had their names written on it.

True, but you could have atleast asked permission or atleast tell me

I fully agree with Khorde, this shouldn't even be much of a problem when it isn't a very unique idea in the first place

True, but you could have atleast asked permission or atleast tell me
He is allowed to take a save and host it all he wants. I'm not fond of this idea but there's nothing you can do. If he calls it his own, then there's obviously a problem.

spike is an starfish, but I don't support this drama.
you're dramaing someone for the purpose of BL. We're supposed to make servers to share with people. So what if he makes his own? Good for him. Maybe he'll get more players than you?

Seriously, SOMEONE was bound to copy you. If I host a MERP, I hit 20 players, within the week there's 10 other merps.
If I host fortwars, there's 4 others. If I host a city build, there's 7 others.

So what if he copies you? What's the worst that happens? You split the playercount? Perhaps people go to his first, realize he's an ass, quit then come to you? You shouldn't be concerned with getting credit. People will use and abuse you as long as you are alive. They don't matter. What matters is, how are you going to go beyond what they can promise. See, he could take your idea, your build, your events, your minigame settings... But not you. You can create a totally different environment. Something friendly, something warmer and inviting, something that BRINGS players.

No support. Sorry. The game was made for sharing, if you don't want people building similar ideas, don't play on multiplayer or don't talk about your ideas.

you're dramaing someone for the purpose of BL. We're supposed to make servers to share with people. So what if he makes his own? Good for him. Maybe he'll get more players than you?

Seriously, SOMEONE was bound to copy you. If I host a MERP, I hit 20 players, within the week there's 10 other merps.

So what if he copies you? What's the worst that happens? You split the playercount? Perhaps people go to his first, realize he's an ass, quit then come to you? You shouldn't be concerned with getting credit. People will use and abuse you as long as you are alive. They don't matter. What matters is, how are you going to go beyond what they can promise. See, he could take your idea, your build, your events, your minigame settings... But not you. You can create a totally different environment. Something friendly, something warmer and inviting, something that BRINGS players.

No support. Sorry. The game was made for sharing, if you don't want people building similar ideas, don't play on multiplayer or don't talk about your ideas.
Approved ^

Yes and yes ^^^^

-snip-
This is beautiful. We need more people like this guy
sorry for the bump