Author Topic: The Freeware Game Thread  (Read 60632 times)

OMG PHR33 GAMES THAT DON'T SUCK!

Oh, I have a game too, since im posting.

AssaultCube

AssaultCube is a mod of the game Cube, and is based off of the Cube engine. Gameplay is Multiplayer and somewhat similar to Halo with some Counter-Strike. (Halo noob-spraying, Counter-Strike sanity, speed, and somewhat realism) Pictures for click.....tures.

Link: https://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=123597&use_mirror=superb-west&filename=AssaultCube_v0.93.exe&68348315
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:29:09 PM by n0cturni »

There is also phosphor, a browser-based fps game, but I do not know much about it since I never played it before.

Don't post games that everyone hasn't already heard of pls.

There is also phosphor, a browser-based fps game, but I do not know much about it since I never played it before.

Do you mean this?

It's not that great and there's never any servers up.

Death Worm:

Death Worm is a fun game where are are a worm and you go around eating people to see how much meat you can obtain in your seemingly endless stomach! The longer you play the more enimies get (can you survive to the alien invasion?  :cookieMonster:) there are also cheats that you can enter into the game, you will have to search around for those  :cookieMonster:

link: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=279075

I consider Phosphor to be a game that isn't well-known. I wouldn't have found out about it if I werent really, really bored and started rummaging through youtube.

Other than that, it's a beta, so it may be better someday.

NO. NO. CUBE SUCKS. NO.

Cube am fail.

TA:SPRING

A RTS based off of total annihilation, easy to mod as well.

ZZT

A simple game creator from way back using ascii graphics. Loads of fun and still has a cult classic community to date.

Nmars

Core Wars emulator, build a program and duke it out with other people's creations.

Docking Station
You all know Creatures, this is the free slightly worse online version.

link for TA:Spring http://spring.clan-sy.com/
its also multiplayer online. also snice i'm posting....

Legends: The Game
a FPS based off Tribes, it has a small comunety and its hard to get used too but its worth it.

misc notes:
use's the same engine as blockland
blockland and legends uses a totaly newer version of the Tribes engine
theres plenty of screenshots on the website

URL:
http://legendsthegame.net/index.php

This is the first post from my freeware games thread. I figure I should post this here, as there's no point in having two of them.

First off, we have Lyle in Cube Sector. LiCS is an excellent Metroid tribute with an unorthodox fighting system.

Next, we have all of Nifflas' games. They are all very atmospheric and fun to play. I highly recommend Within A Deep Forest and Knytt Stories.

Furthermore, there is Nikujin, an amazingly awesome, hardcore, Japanese platformer where you play as a ninja.

Lastly, we have RigidChips, a Japanese sandbox vehicle game. Very fun, and in English.  (On the main site for the game, scroll down and download the newest beta instead of the link at the top of the page)

Legends looks pretty schweet.

ROGUELIKES!!!!

Nethack- Probably the most popular of all the roguelikes, Nethack is fun, reeeeeeeally hard, and infinitely replayable.

ADOM- Think the scope of an Elder Scrolls game, but bigger.

Zomband- Zombies+Roguelikes=AWESOME.

In other news:
Garden Gnome Carnage is one of the most addicting games I've ever played.

Legends looks pretty schweet.
It's just starter.fps with more weapons, worse aiming and jets tacked on, I may play again but, there is only like 7 players and they're all on one server. Also you find it harder than a BL dm with standard player, big mess.

Ijji's Drift City

Drift City is a free MMO racing/free roam game, with cel-shaded graphics and non-realistic driving/gameplay. It's only about 600-700mb to download, plus is free, and has about 600-1200 players on all the time. It doesn't take long to learn how to play, and is fun from the beginning. You start out doing a few easy missions, driving around the city a little bit, and when you get a little bit into the game you start getting new cars, and new parts for your cars, so you are upgrading your stuff pretty often.

If you want, you can go straight into the Battle Zone and start doing multiplayer races with other people, in either team or individual races. You drift to take sharp turns, and get combo points for doing stunts, like if you drive on the wrong side of the road you get a combo point every few seconds you are in the wrong lane, and if you do drifts you can get another combo point. Getting combo points also makes your boost refill faster, but if you crash your boost meter goes down. Going off of ramps is a good way to instantly fill your boost meter.

Anyways, here's some screenshots and videos.