MultiTank (working title) on Steam and iOS!

Author Topic: MultiTank (working title) on Steam and iOS!  (Read 2444 times)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=288659303

so me and a friend of mine are developing a simple little game currently titled "MultiTank". It's basically going to be a top down tank shooter with various gamemodes and team capabilities. it started when we realized that local multiplayer games on the phone is ridiculously fun when playing with friends, and later down the road we thought we may as well shoot for greenlight.

note, this is a very early work in progress and is still being developed at a steady pace. we plan to have a video up sometime soon(ish) to show off mechanics and such.

any comments would be appreciated and i know there isn't much to base the game off but a few screenshots, but that is basically all it is right now, as we wish to expand it more.

more screenshots on link at top of op

wow very nice
what are you using to make it?

will there be compatibility for user generated content

make it free with no microtransactions so you dont turn into a heartless forget

tank trouble is a thing you know

wow very nice
what are you using to make it?

using Unity's 2D engine

will there be compatibility for user generated content

that is definitely something we want to do in the future, such as user created game modes and maps.

we are saving user generated content till when we are well on our feet and have the solid base for the game.

make it free with no microtransactions so you dont turn into a heartless forget

there is going to be absolutely no micro transactions, and it might cost $0.99 (on iOS)

but that comes will full online capabilities (Bluetooth, WiFi, Online)

tank trouble is a thing you know

yeah, i know. Very similar in concept but we are adding in a whole lot of content such as abilites (mines, teleportation, etc) to keep the gameplay fast. Tank Trouble is only local on the same machine with no online, which is what we're doing differently
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:57:04 PM by Tetris »

It looks simple and clean, both it's strength and possible weakness.
I am worried about how long people are going to be interested in playing this game.
While i haven't tried this out nor seen gameplay of it, it is hard to give good criticism or advice.
I wish you guys the best of luck.

It looks simple and clean, both it's strength and possible weakness.
I am worried about how long people are going to be interested in playing this game.
While i haven't tried this out nor seen gameplay of it, it is hard to give good criticism or advice.
I wish you guys the best of luck.

it's basic design is for quick matches and maybe being played for 5 minutes at a time.

it's inception was literally me wanting some competitive games to play with my friends across the classroom during school, and we came up with this idea. simple, gets the job done.

we are working towards getting a video out hopefully this month or early next month, but progress just isn't far enough yet.

Fair enough.
I guess with a price tag of 99 cents on the apple store, this will definitely have some buyers.
Especially if you keep that goal in mind.

Though for the PC?
I am not entirely sure if that could work well, i guess it could.
Vector (http://store.steampowered.com/app/248970/) is also a game that got ported from phones to PC and it seems to do well.

I look forward to seeing more of this.

Though for the PC?
I am not entirely sure if that could work well, i guess it could.

honestly my goal was to release solely on mobile platforms but the head developer (aka the one other guy working on this) wanted it on greenlight.

i wouldn't mind if it didn't do well on greenlight, as long as we get it out there as some of our work.

make pc version or i will never forgive you

make pc version or i will never forgive you

yep, we're planning on it.

also everyone, if you have any ideas for the game PLEASE let me know. we are always looking for more content!

I'll buy it when it's on iOS.

why would anyone play this game on consoles??
it's a little fun top-down shooter like ones on retro devices
it would be a waste of time to develop for those