Author Topic: DayZ: Blockland - Being revised  (Read 36820 times)

That isn't the build we're using Treti.

Considering blockland is blocks I try to stay in the blocky theme..
There's this great shape called an octagon, it could be used to your advantage.
As for the other stuff, the ejection port is too small, as on the real gun it goes further up the slide, almost to the middle.

The grip looks too thick, and uncomfortable to hold as a result
Lastly, the trigger guard and parts of the frame surrounding it look less round than on the original gun. The 1911 trigger guard is in a shape almost of a circle, partly stretched in the middle. Both sides are semicircles. Yours, however, consists of 1 almost semicircle and one almost quarter circle, with a 70-80 degree angle thrown in.

That isn't the build we're using Treti.
Oh really? lol my bad then.

Oh really? lol my bad then.
no problem, we're probably going to use bigger bricks too.

also when making cities for the love of god please create tall ass buildings. like skyscrapers or office buildings. small houses aint gonna cut it

"What will the Owner and Co-Owner be doing?" is a question I often ask when I see topics like these. However, it looks like this time around they are actually making definite contributions and maintaining an organized project, unlike with a lot of projects I've seen *cough* survivalRP *cough*. That alone gives you an edge over all of the others. Congrats, good luck.

I didn't even think about critiquing the building, but now that I look at it, it is extremely under-done. It is under detailed and pretty gross over all.

I didn't even think about critiquing the building, but now that I look at it, it is extremely under-done. It is under detailed and pretty gross over all.
Sometimes plain and professional looks better than over the top detailing, especially for a DayZ type of map.

-snip-

If you're talking about that landscape build yes because it's a picture of the project before it was finished that was a place holder :D

~fancysnip~
Looks better, still gotta sort out that barrel though, and the ejection port looks somewhat far back on the gun. Maybe try putting it more toward the middle? Not entirely in the middle, but closer.

also when making cities for the love of god please create tall ass buildings. like skyscrapers or office buildings. small houses aint gonna cut it
If I understand Navaro's idea for the project, he wants it to be more of like a country side, not having many big cities like. The ones that are big will have more houses, and other stuff like factories and fire houses.

You do know we have a brickcount to worry about, right? It's not going to be the most beautiful build, because it can't be.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:41:24 PM by MegaZilla911 »

There's this great shape called an octagon, it could be used to your advantage.
As for the other stuff, the ejection port is too small, as on the real gun it goes further up the slide, almost to the middle.

The grip looks too thick, and uncomfortable to hold as a result
Lastly, the trigger guard and parts of the frame surrounding it look less round than on the original gun. The 1911 trigger guard is in a shape almost of a circle, partly stretched in the middle. Both sides are semicircles. Yours, however, consists of 1 almost semicircle and one almost quarter circle, with a 70-80 degree angle thrown in.
who made you the modeling master?

also navaro i can help with building this if you want, also it would be neat if these had fluent animation like those guns on platform DM you did long ago, i liked those

who made you the modeling master?
Did I ever say I was? I am helping him make the model more accurate to the real-steel counterpart.
You know, I don't need your input, Blake.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:59:22 PM by MegaZilla911 »

Sorry I'm late, this looks like an interesting project. Good luck!

Did I ever say I was? I am helping him make the model more accurate to the real-steel counterpart.
You know, I don't need your input, Blake.
he doesnt need yours either, plus how do you know my name? thats creepy

why is the pistol barrel a grey square

EDIT: Sorry didnt realize youre Obnaisous, however revealing my name isnt the smartest
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:55:32 PM by Watt-son »