Author Topic: [dB] dotBlock Studios - "Set the world ablaze!"  (Read 18533 times)

I would like to apply for photography

http://imgur.com/a/9W2wR
I think a key point for photography is that the person actually uses ultra/soft shadows.
Personally I think this only shows a mediocre skill of photography in blockland.

Could I come on your server sometime and build the art in front of you, I specialize in small detailed art   

I think a key point for photography is that the person actually uses ultra/soft shadows.
Personally I think this only shows a mediocre skill of photography in blockland.
considering the entire point of photography is "i saw this thing and i had my camera," he's basically got it down
not using fancy shaders shouldn't be a negative point, considering they're basically the same idea as running everything through generic ass instagram filters

i dont think the type of shaders somebody uses should be a key point lol. it might add to the picture but it shouldnt be graded on whether they have shaders

considering the entire point of photography is "i saw this thing and i had my camera," he's basically got it down
not using fancy shaders shouldn't be a negative point, considering they're basically the same idea as running everything through generic ass instagram filters
I think the whole point of being a photographer is choosing the right angle and shaders.
Otherwise its just generic stuff.
Take Mr Lol for example, he may just use the same shader settings in all his photos but his angles are pretty sweet! He really makes a build look nice in his photos. I use him all the time as he does bring the best out of my builds.

In conclusion - Anybody can take a screenshot, its about the skill which makes a good photographer.

there is more to a photograph to just looking pretty, there's the color in which the shadows are, where the shadows are placed, how the background looks, like take this one by pass

we had to repaint the bust, change the background, take multiple shots, adjust the azimuth, and then we got the shot we wanted. it took some work

However, i think the thing is... ultra shader shots look better, honestly, and if someone can take an awesome ultra shader shot that fills out all the other requirements, they have a better shot than someone on the lowest settings. maybe that's unfair to people who's computer's can't handle ultra shader shots, but it's not really my business to be fair, it's my business to make things look the best they can.

Digital Art Application:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:34:34 PM by Smallguy »

For their help to the server, Doomonkey and Alternative have been added as builders. Alternative's furniture is awesome and Doom's stuff is real creative and colorful.

I would like to apply for photography

http://imgur.com/a/9W2wR
you know, although they aren't ultra shaded, the first 3 images are real cool. The airplane one really does give the impression of height and isolation in the sky, and i like how where the focal point is placed. The first one looks real cool and alien, and the use of blue is very nice, and the one in the cabin does feel very atmospheric, however i feel that one is a bit too muted; it would be cooler if the orange coming out of the doorway was much more powerful, and if the contrast between the light and the darkness was heightened.

i do like them. I'd like to see you in a private server to test your photo skills.

Digital Art Application:

these two images caught my eye, i think they look very sleek, though im not too sure about the last three... i'd like some opinions from other contributors

sorry dragonslayer, i crashed, steam is TheEnigmaticTherapist

sorry dragonslayer, i crashed, steam is TheEnigmaticTherapist
Sent a friend request, I'm Techie Screenglow

Pics of what I got before his internet shat itself: http://imgur.com/a/Lp9R9
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:33:03 PM by Dragonslayer182 »

So i've accepted a number of other people in the clan, and we've got a legit team forming so far

Meineken is a great builder, and he's been helping a ton on the gallery so he's been accepted

Dragonslayer showed some great photo skills on a private sesh with my Ancient Temple build, You can see them here. I was real impressed with them, especially the first one- i love the orange and purple)

and Flame showed me a lot of his OP's as well as his thread, which is chock full of awesome Digital Art, so i think he'd make a great addition to the clan. the guy has experience y'hear.

Do you guys need scripters/coders? I would really like to help.

I'm very glad to see people interested in this clan. Hopefully we grow and keep producing.

Personally I really dislike Dragonslayers work. Just putting my opinion out there

I think its about time we start our first project. With Anti's permission I'd love to start a group brainstorming exercise to work out what we should do for a project.

Personally I think the best way to do this is a group skype call, where we talk about a theme and develop it into a game mode.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:05:17 AM by Lord Furdle »