Gaming headset / keyboard

Author Topic: Gaming headset / keyboard  (Read 1209 times)

Ok guys, I dunno if this is the right board to ask, but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard / headset preferably with a mike, and what also lasts 2 yrs minimum. (Including the mic). I'm looking at razer right now, because they seem to have p. good low end to high end headsets (60-300€) and the Blackshark looks good. My budget is 170€ for both products, tho I can flex and buy one now and the other later. I have a decent headset, but it's breaking up. On other hand, I have a horriblw keyboard (Gigabyte Aivia) and I need a better one, what is mechanical.

Don't come here saying "just buy the ones you find cheapest from your local supermarket", any other advice is good to take.

According to Ike Sennheiser is a great company for headphones, I'll be getting these soon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-380-Pro-Collapsible-Professional/dp/B001UE6I0G

And apparently this mic doesn't sound like stuff and it clips on to headphones so I'll be getting this soon too.
http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ

As for keyboard, your preference on switches are important. I'm using Reds right now. A lot people I know prefer Red or Black, mostly black but it's all up to preference. If you have the money buy a sampler to make sure.
Here is a nice explanation of each switch.

whatever you do don't get the "super cool light green switch cool designed for gaymen!" keyboard
they cost way too much
get a standard mech like nal suggested

why do people love mechanical keyboards
theyre way too loud and they look like something from the 90s

they feel amazing when you type on one and it's loving great

the volume of the keys depends on the kind of switch it has.

Mechanical keyboard? What, do you want pistons in it or something?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SVJH16/ref=twister_B00ESVCI4S

Oh, I get it. NORMAL keyboards have been phased out and renamed "mechanical keyboards." Meanwhile, I'm going to assume that touch keyboards have taken over (you know, because touch makes you look cool...or something).

There is literally no point in having a keyboard that you can't rest your fingers on. Am I supposed to awkwardly hold my hands above the home row while I'm thinking of what to type?

I guess I'm just not compatible with today. :(

Snip
what

No, mechanical keyboards means that there are little switches that offer really good feel when you press them under every key, opposed to regular keyboards, where it's just a plain rubber button underneath the key.

So...it's like love for your fingers?

Maybe try getting a Razer Blackwidow 2014.
They feel great while typing.

Maybe try getting a Razer Blackwidow 2014.
They feel great and you can get used to them.
whatever you do don't get the "super cool light green switch cool designed for gaymen!" keyboard
they cost way too much
get a standard mech like nal suggested
besdies i read on the mechanical keyboard subreddit that the green switches aren't MX's and are actually a knockoff

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:43:25 AM by Tee »

The ones without the lights.
i don't think razer has made something without the lights

but they are pretty cool though