Drink & Driving Death VS Text & Driving Death

Poll

Which worst Driving Death most from?

Drink & Driving Death
17 (30.9%)
Text & Driving Death
38 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Drink & Driving Death VS Text & Driving Death  (Read 3631 times)

What about drunk texting while driving?

forget you beat me to it >:u
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:59:36 PM by ßlöükfáce »

Hry bby imM drunkl tectn U whol dribing

I think they are both equally selfish and endangering to yourself and others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo&channel=UC6UTJ3AW0ew6AZgz5wESy3w

Oh my loving god. I laughed SO loving HARD when the kids got crushed that I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out. My jaw literally loving hurts. It's not the death of the kids that's funny it's the loving way that they actually show the kids be turned into a carpet in that park. It caught me 100% off guard, I expected that to get completely skipped.

I maintain that texting while driving is still a much better alternative to drunk driving. The statistics that argue how bad texting and driving is assume that, while you're sending the text, your sight and attention is diverted entirely to the phone. Even for people who look at their phone while texting, if you don't constantly check the road between words or even letters you're being the hugest dumbass ever. Now I'm not arguing that it's safe to drive in this manner, an accident can totally happen in the timeframe that you're looking down to type a word, but it's not a 100% distraction. Also, there are places I refuse to send a text message while driving. I couldn't refuse to be drunk as I enter that section of roadway.

this is exactly what i thought lol they turned a potential tearjerker advertisement into a farce and i laughed harder at this than i have at any adam sandler movie

It's a terrible ineffective commercial anyway.

"Since 2000, speeding has killed a classroom of our kids."

Seriously? If over the course of 14 years less than 30 kids die from something, it's pretty much a non-problem. I would have literally assumed that more deaths occurred by speeding in the UK if I hadn't seen this advertisement.

this is exactly what i thought lol they turned a potential tearjerker advertisement into a farce and i laughed harder at this than i have at any adam sandler movie
Is that really saying much?

It's a terrible ineffective commercial anyway.

"Since 2000, speeding has killed a classroom of our kids."

Seriously? If over the course of 14 years less than 30 kids die from something, it's pretty much a non-problem. I would have literally assumed that more deaths occurred by speeding in the UK if I hadn't seen this advertisement.
Bear in mind that statistic doesn't take into consideration adults, and there are more of those on the road than there are children in cars or getting ran over in the streets and other places.

And speeding is a problem on the roads in the UK, but it's nowhere near as big a problem as drink driving, distracted driving, tired driving, driving without seatbelts, or just generally poor driving.

The advert is also produced by Northern Ireland, and I believe the statistic represents only Northern Ireland, rather than the whole of the UK.
The population of the UK is 63.23 million. If 30 kids died that's 0.000047% of the total population dead in 14 years.
The population of just Northern Ireland is 1.81 million. 30 kids dying is 0.00166% of the NI population dead in 14 years. A much larger proportion.

And 30 kids dying due to speedy driving is bad no matter how rare it is and over whatever time period.
And this advert was put out because the rate of high-speed driving in NI was on the increase.

The population of just Northern Ireland is 1.81 million. 30 kids dying is 0.00166% of the NI population dead in 14 years. A much larger proportion.

Something that kills 0.00166% of a population over 14 years is, as I said, essentially a non-issue. I'm willing to bet you that more kids die from TVs falling on their heads, should we run advertising campaigns to stop leaving your TVs unsecured to their stands?