Should Mentally Disabled People be Allowed to Reproduce?

Poll

"

Yes
33 (28.7%)
No
36 (31.3%)
Depends
46 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Should Mentally Disabled People be Allowed to Reproduce?  (Read 4020 times)

In short: no not really.
get clipped or tube tied or something idk just no genes in my pool please. I just cleaned it and it was expensive.

-insert BLF is autism joke-

if they can figure out how to have love, sure

this was a joke, I sincerely apologise

if the problem is bad enough then you won't get laid

I voted yes. Mainly because I think it's dumb to decide who can or can't reproduce. It doesn't affect me, and life is full of to much other stuff to worry about than whether or not a mentally disabled person should be allowed to forget without protection

according to genetics if both parents have the same thing i think it's a 50/50 chance of your child having your disease
unless i read that part of the book wrong

I'm a mixed bag on this, due to the fact that it depends on the illness.

I'm a mixed bag on this, due to the fact that it depends on the illness.

according to genetics if both parents have the same thing i think it's a 50/50 chance of your child having your disease

It might depend on whether the gene for the disability is recessive or dominant (if it's controlled by one gene).

depends on the illness
like, if you're dyslexic or something idgaf but if its some hardcore debilitating stuff then they shouldn't

depends on the illness
like, if you're dyslexic or something idgaf but if its some hardcore debilitating stuff then they shouldn't
super AIDS

Do mental disabilities get passed down to children?

Do mental disabilities get passed down to children?

Disabled + Disabled =/= Disabled

I know someone whose parent's were both mentally disabled. She turned out as a normal human being.
If you argue the "They can't take care of a child!" point, no, they didn't. Her aunt did for awhile, but her parents kept very close to her and she knew who were father and mother were. There isn't anything wrong with her and she looks like an average, 5 or 6/10 human being. She's a potential one night stand that you'd consider to call again for a second hook-up.

ITT: Bigotry and eugenics at it's finest.