Some concerns

Author Topic: Some concerns  (Read 5787 times)

If Badspot doesn't really care about Blockland anymore, he should just hand it off to someone who does so they can keep it alive.
who says he doesnt care about the game? which magical god is giving you this information? as far as we know badspot is currently working on a 'compatability-breaking' update and hats have already been confirmed.

thats far from not caring about it.

people cried the day rtb was shut down and stopped caring the next day. nothing was lost. back ups of addons were made and chat alternatives were made.
lol that's so not true. way to try to speak for everyone, brat.

"chat alternatives" with 20 users and basic ghetto file lists are good compensation? wow, you really don't value what RTB had to offer.
  • Add-ons system that auto posted to the forums
  • Allows downloading add-ons from in-game
  • Browsable add-ons 'store' where you can search by category and downloading matching mod packs
  • Add-on uploader and manager that easily allowed people to upload and maintain their add-ons
    • Also supported private/WIP add-ons
  • Weekly newsfeed of hot files
  • RTB add-ons system received more content than the forums
  • All RTB add-ons had ad-free direct links. no lost files, wait 10 seconds, or "Type in Ford to continue"
  • RTB auto notified users if there was an update for their add-ons so users didn't have to monitor the forums for updates
  • In game add-on downloader makes it so you just click download and start up a game
  • Community features tailored for blockland specifically
  • Shows server info including current players and add-ons used
  • Gives in-game server options allowing more customization of server settings
  • Database of IDs and name history
  • GUI style that actually fit with the game
  • Chat system allowing you to join friends and other players directly
  • Cheap, quality server hosting with a variety of management features and graphs
  • Quality service built specifically for blockland, with many more features than the ones listed here.

Thanks for all your help. It's been a while since I consistently played. I forgot colorset changing was an RTB feature. As for the weird avatar issue, I narrowed it down to a broken old add-on like suggested. And yeah Heed, anyone who consistently used RTB (my Blockland experience ended up basically relying on it) knows that it was a HUGE hit to BL in general when it was shut down. The only reason people don't raise a stink about it anymore is because they know they'll be criticized for supporting an already stated opinion (as is ritualistically mandatory on these forums). I'm sure we're not the only ones who care about RTB's absence.

Badspot and Rotondo have both confirmed that there's an update coming. Just wait and see what it is.

Badspot and Rotondo have both confirmed that there's an update coming. Just wait and see what it is.
and where is this?

forget off.
what for? he didn't say anything bad. He expressed an opinion.

what for? he didn't say anything bad. He expressed an opinion.
opinion denied

forget off.
I just feel if Baddy is losing interest in this project he should let some of the more passionate members of the community in on development and see what they can do.

I just feel if Baddy is losing interest in this project he should let some of the more passionate members of the community in on development and see what they can do.
There's no way some jobless 17 year old can manage a game on an ancient engine that's populated mostly by unhappy teenagers.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:04:40 AM by Zanaran2 »

There's no way some jobless 17 year old can manage a game on an ancient engine that's populated mostly by unhappy teenagers.
But I've seen some of them do some really amazing stuff with the game. I'm not saying give them full control, just give them a stab and see what they can do.

It would be nice to see the development team expand a little bit.

and where is this?

Coming soon.

Gotta wait for all eight planets to align.

But I've seen some of them do some really amazing stuff with the game. I'm not saying give them full control, just give them a stab and see what they can do.
they cant do anything. none of them have any idea how to make a game.

they cant do anything. none of them have any idea how to make a game.

This is not true.