Author Topic: Twitch is ruined.  (Read 5335 times)

Clever wording on that response. "We have absolutely no intention," meaning they still will if they have to.
Well no stuff. If they're being sued constantly, they'll act accordingly.

Well no stuff. If they're being sued constantly, they'll act accordingly.

Yeah, well everyone is acting all relieved over that reply, when it's just another bullstuff wishy-washy PR comment.

Their logic is that they have claimed complete ownership of a sound, even if you bought a cd or a digital copy of said song. It would be like walking into a dance club, telling the dj to stop, and demanding that everyone buy the song and then going home. I could post of a video of me at race track where they played some lady gaga song over the intercom and some company flags my video because they intercom decided to play a song in the background. It's stupid. You might as well shut down every radio station, every dance club, and stop making music.
Radio stations and DJs pay to be able to do that. If someone is selling a service where they play songs and they do not have license to do that, then they could be shut down.

I think the issue lies in the fact that you can't purchase or be granted license for audio that takes place in your videos, at least not that I know of. You would think that Google or the streamer would be able to provide some sort of royalty deal to the owner of the audio.

This is going to screw over a lot of speedrunners that highlight a PB/WR. They're up to the mercy of the copyright system whether or not the audio gets nuked.
Local storage.

Twitch was ruined when they decided to make the major channels be their money cows, and screw those with less than 50k people watching at a time.

They want you to get permission to play songs.

Let me just call up Dardue and ask if I can use Sandstorm

Quote from: theswerto at /r/mildlyinfuriating/
If you think this isn't going to happen to Azubu and Hitbox then you're deluding yourself. This is the only way for a streaming site to stay up is if it complies with DMCA. Otherwise the owners of the site are held liable.

Streaming music while playing a game is not fair use. You are not a radio broadcaster, you have not licensed music for broadcast. With exception to the videos being false flagged for licensed music (like DOTA 2 and LoL tournaments) or game audio (Like Fallout 3) none of this is legal and Twitch is responsible for it if they don't implement a system like this.

You are treated guilty until proven innocent because that is the law. If Twitch/Youtube/whatever don't take down the video until you can prove it's in error they are liable.

Is it bullstuff? Yes, but it's not Google's fault. This is the law. You don't like it? Get it changed. Make enough noise by writing your senator/rep and getting everyone else you know to. If you make enough noise to outweigh the hundreds of millions of dollars the music industry pours into washington through lobbyists, then maybe it'll get changed.

Otherwise? Nope. This is going to happen to everything.

Source: http://us.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/2cu0to/google_improving_twitch/cjj6oc3

Finally, someone who knows what he's talking about.

Nobody watches the loving VODs anyway. This isn't a big deal.

Apparently some guy was playing some rhythm game using his own music which he had made himself.

The VOD got muted in it's entirety

Apparently some guy was playing some rhythm game using his own music which he had made himself.

You're stealing music from yourself thats not allowed

He has to email himself asking if he can use his own music.

Then he has to send said email to himself to the Twitch moderators, and then wait 20 days for nothing to happen.