Chat Idea Thing?

Poll

Do You Think we need this?

Yes
18 (36.7%)
Uh Nah
31 (63.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Chat Idea Thing?  (Read 4927 times)

You can't rotate GUI elements. The player's view can rotate. You've already run into a problem.

As for server sided, you can try a particle that looks like a chat bubble.

You can't rotate GUI elements. The player's view can rotate. You've already run into a problem.

As for server sided, you can try a particle that looks like a chat bubble.
This, I don't think there is a work around, unless you make it work like player names do.

Also OP, please change poll to a simple yes or no question, people will just select the most random option for fun.

Also OP, please change poll to a simple yes or no question, people will just select the most random option for fun.
Edited Poll

And If The no reaches 100% im locking topic

And If The no reaches 100% im locking topic

...that's mathematically impossible. There's a non-zero quantity of votes for yes, so it is impossible for all votes to be for no.

Have fun trying to- GOD DAMMIT HEADCRAB YOU loving WORD THIEF

...that's mathematically impossible. There's a non-zero quantity of votes for yes, so it is impossible for all votes to be for no.
Let him have his moment of stupidity.

I'm pretty sure there's a server sided way to detect when someone is typing, otherwise how would all the server's client receive the person's name on the top left corner of the screen while they are typing?

I'm pretty sure there's a server sided way to detect when someone is typing, otherwise how would all the server's client receive the person's name on the top left corner of the screen while they are typing?

For anyone interested in making this, look into the function serverCmdStartTalking(client).

To detect when they're typing yeah. But not what they're typing. If they know how, they could also tell the server that they're typing even if they're not.

To detect when they're typing yeah. But not what they're typing. If they know how, they could also tell the server that they're typing even if they're not.
Yeah that would require client-sided code. It can still be made by including a client.cs script in the mod folder, however will only work with people who have the mod.

thank you for extrapolating on obvious facts that have already been discussed

thank you for extrapolating on obvious facts that have already been discussed
Shut the forget up? We don't need an unnecessary argument going on just because you don't have enough balls to accept the fact I tried to help without reading the whole loving thread.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:31:52 AM by General »

Shut the forget up? We don't need an unnecessary argument going on just because you don't have enough balls to accept the fact I tried to help without reading the whole loving thread.
wahahoho, woah there pal, calm down lol
you'd have saved yourself a moment by reading the thread
Well there is a way, you could make a client add-on to send what the client is chatting to the server.

Have fun trying to render a proper 2d chat bubble with torque's limited api

Billboard DTS shape + shapename with the text. Done.