3DS XL's are very ugly

Poll

ugly

yes
12 (54.5%)
no(yes)
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: 3DS XL's are very ugly  (Read 1967 times)

I own a blue 3DS XL and i have to say, its ugly as hell.

The outside:

The xl is just a boring blue, while the regular is a shiny metallic blue

The inside:

The xl is a dull black and it looks like cheap plastic, and the regular is shiny blue on the bottom and the top is smooth, sleek black.

Looks may not be important to some people, but for me I just cannot stand seeing how ugly the xl is in comparison to the smaller.

Does anyone feel the same way?

As long as you get bigger screens, it doesn't really matter. I actually like the look of the XL more than regular.

I actually prefer the look of the XL over the regular size. That plastic-y look of it gives off a charm that I guess only a certain group of people like me love.

>not getting the limited edition gold box set for three easy payments of 9.99
scrub

idk. I think the XL is a lot more attractive. less showoffy

I hadn't actually looked that closely before to compare them (mainly because I only own a 3DS, lol).
But yeah, I see what you mean. It's not as satisfying.

I guess I wouldn't be too bothered personally, since my 3DS is pure black anyhow. I have to jazz mine up with a sticker.

I'm also not keen on that particular 3DS colour though. But that's just my opinion on that colour, and not the unified colourscheme of the entire thing.

any handheld with a big enough screen gets points in my book.

I hadn't actually looked that closely before to compare them (mainly because I only own a 3DS, lol).
But yeah, I see what you mean. It's not as satisfying.

I guess I wouldn't be too bothered personally, since my 3DS is pure black anyhow. I have to jazz mine up with a sticker.

I'm also not keen on that particular 3DS colour though. But that's just my opinion on that colour, and not the unified colourscheme of the entire thing.
I do agree that the blue isn't the best color, I actually prefer the purple 3DS. It's so pretttttttttty

I get that there's more of a cosmetic appeal in a 3DS, but I just personally prefer the XL in terms of the system.

to be honest i wish i would have gotten an XL so i can play games with a better field of vision (ssb4) but you know the 3ds was cheaper

i am typing this reply on a 3ds XL and you are wrong sir they look fine.

im sorry i cant hear you over my beautiful 3ds

to be honest i wish i would have gotten an XL so i can play games with a better field of vision (ssb4) but you know the 3ds was cheaper
the only reason i got an xl was because target was having a deal where you buy an xl and get a $30 gift card and i go to target all the time so it was the same price basically

i am typing this reply on a 3ds XL and you are wrong sir they look fine.
they're good but NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I actually prefer the look of the XL over the regular size. That plastic-y look of it gives off a charm that I guess only a certain group of people like me love.
i'll sit in this group, i prefer the plastic.

As someone who owns a Cobalt Blue Japanese 3DS, I have to agree that the XL's aren't very pretty but I think both 3DSes are for a different audience. Sort of like the 2DS.