Poll

What's the scale of Blockland?

Four studs is one meter.
8 (6.8%)
Gravity is the same between real life and Blockland.
7 (5.9%)
One stud is one foot.
17 (14.4%)
The Blockhead is six feet tall.
7 (5.9%)
The Jeep's top speed is 60 mph.
3 (2.5%)
We're to-scale with real life LEGOs.
76 (64.4%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: August 21, 2014, 03:30:31 PM

Author Topic: I was wondering what the real-world scale of Blockland is.  (Read 4355 times)

Everyone vote on what you think best describes the scale of Blockland!

Considering the size of blockheads compared to the bedroom and kitchen maps from v20, I'd say blockheads are about the size of legos. However, now that we don't have maps to compare to, it looks like they are normal sized.

Considering the size of blockheads compared to the bedroom and kitchen maps from v20, I'd say blockheads are about the size of legos.

I'd say a torque unit is about 0.5m.

If Blockheads are the same size has a minifig, a Blockhead would be 4 cm tall.

Logically, to scale with Lego's. I think gravity is probably the safest bet; blockhead size, stud-to-meters, etc are all pretty arbitrary, but assuming we're on Earth, gravity is pretty standard. Of course, who wants to go measure that?

Me.
I just realized that that measurement won't help because we don't know how many meters a torque unit is.*

*Perhaps there is an official thing by garagegames, but I don't think that's canon to Blockland.

1 stud is 1km
blockheads are just huge

-what-

What? That doesn't even make sense. I'm comparing the gravity in Blockland to the gravity in real life. We know the gravitational acceleration in Blockland, and we know the gravitational acceleration in real life. What are you trying to say?

assuming the blockland map is earth

9.8 meters = 20 torque units

1 meter is 2.04 torque units

how big is a block in torque units?

the player?

How far away is the Farlands?

Gravity is definitely not so for vehicles. Vehicles fall slower than they would in real life.

We know the gravitational acceleration in Blockland, and we know the gravitational acceleration in real life.
but that's useless unless you know something else about the object
we know the gravitational acceleration of everything on the earth, but that doesn't mean we can magically find out the size of any object without measuring it