Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 21461 times)

I'm actually legitimately confused about why this has stirred up so much controversy. People lie and manipulate all the time. People are acting like this girl is the worst human being ever when people do stuff like what she did every day. I'm just not sure how this case is special enough to draw so much attention.
You have no idea for how many ages people have waited to frame stuffty game journalist sites like Kotaku. This is not only about her.

You have no idea for how many ages people have waited to frame stuffty game journalist sites like Kotaku. This is not only about her.

Frame them for what? I'm legitimately trying to figure out why people care about this, but I can't find anything that isn't just people bitching about how bad of a human being she is.

Frame them for what? I'm legitimately trying to figure out why people care about this, but I can't find anything that isn't just people bitching about how bad of a human being she is.
Frame them for all the crap they spurt out all the time?
It's not about /her/ directly, no one gives a stuff about a single particular feminist more than Anita at this point, and she has become irrelevant for ages, but it's also that the game itself was perceived with false reviews which were done for the sole sake of seuxal favours, and as I said, Kotaku. I have no idea what's so hard to understand.
What I don't understand is why do you think it's fine for people to say this crap is fine.

did she fuk u too??

Ohhhh, it's starting to make sense now. She was slanting game reviews by offering writers / reviewers loveual favors? You see, I've been reading through info about her for 15 minutes and the term 'game review' has not been alluded to or expressed at all.

I never said it was fine, anyway. I just don't think it's a big deal that she did it.

This issue is basically the internet version of Ferguson. The tension was there, the people were just looking for a trigger.

This issue is basically the internet version of Ferguson. The tension was there, the people were just looking for a trigger.
seriously? an unarmed kid getting shot and killed is equivalent to someone providing loveual favors?
you people are really forgeted in the head.

seriously? an unarmed kid getting shot and killed is equivalent to someone providing loveual favors?
you people are really forgeted in the head.
When the forget did I say it was equal in terms of its actual impact or seriousness?

I'm saying in its own context, prior to either event the communities were unhappy due to certain factors, and the reaction to the event has been entirely based on this brewing anger.

Also, why the forget should a 20 year old Australian care about a kid in America being shot prompting riots, when many, MANY people are dying all over the world and wars rage on constantly anyway? It's a matter of perspective, and as I see it I can offer nothing of any value to the Ferguson issue, but I can to the Zoe Quinn outrage, which also happens to have an affect on me that Ferguson does not.

People need to seriously stop putting their richards into issues believing that they're somehow better than others because they can identify another concurrent issue.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:05:09 AM by McJobless »

I can offer nothing of any value to the Ferguson issue, but I can to the Zoe Quinn outrage
by stuffposting on an internet forum? rofl

by stuffposting on an internet forum? rofl
stuffposting == ???

I see a bunch of people having a discussion about an issue, and then people like you jumping in trying to make us feel bad for discussing things. Okay mate.

never cared for any of this stuff before, but this has opened my eyes on game journalism is now days and how forgeted up it is

You're just jealous that nobody is caring about your little special snowflake problems and giving you attention.
What are you even talking about? What "problems?" Don't just makes things up to try and sound justified, please.

Ohhhh, it's starting to make sense now. She was slanting game reviews by offering writers / reviewers loveual favors?
She also fake hacked her own tumblr, pretended to get robbed for money, and accused many people and websites of harassing her.
And the media just laps it up and supports her no questions asked.
She can basically just ask these guys to target whatever website she dislikes that week and they'll do it.

She also fake hacked her own tumblr, pretended to get robbed for money, and accused many people and websites of harassing her.
And the media just laps it up and supports her no questions asked.
She can basically just ask these guys to target whatever website she dislikes that week and they'll do it.

Don't forget her attempting to censor it.

What a based mod.
As a matter of fact, most sites have rules against stuff like that (Including this one!), I'm fairly certain that the majority of what you pricks are calling "biased censorship" is moderators doing their jobs. I recall at the start of this thread it was even mentioned that most Reddit posts were being deleted because the site in general tries to maintain a neutral to positive community stance.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:39:19 AM by Taboo »