Poll

which one would you most prefer (i need to add/update more banners)

DANKEST DARKEST DEPTHS: The Dungeon

Author Topic: Unfinished Projectsland pt. II \\ just a bump don't worry gamers  (Read 80020 times)

I rarely see so many good builds In a single day usually. Damn I'm still amazed

added a quick image showing the current model icons to "Unnamed Survival."
i'm looking into remodeling a few medical items later.

and when i least expected it, rentaria rpg just ultimately dominated SELECTIVE.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:55:36 PM by Kobewarrior »

i personally prefer Selective because making an openworld map like is loving hard.

i personally prefer Selective because making an openworld map like is loving hard.
assuming open world refers to rrpg - i wouldn't really say rentaria rpg is entirely open world. it's more comparable to the map layout in dark souls with twists and turns connecting everything together naturally. to a degree it's pretty open in terms of walking area to support multiple players exploring the same place and fighting together in the same instance but for the most part, all of it is free to visit whenever you want and if you can. jumping is disabled in favor of dashing backwards as a dodge mechanic using a vce database of relays registering players.

as for SELECTIVE, the toughest part is making the gameplay feel long enough to be satisfying and not just something you play to pass some quick time.

also are people just voting for project tentacle hentai simulator because of the name or is this legitimate interest haha
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:22:58 AM by Kobewarrior »

I can't tell if this topic has inspired me or made me feel inadequate. Probably both.

I really like these ideas, especially selective. I'd love to help out in any way I could if you needed an extra set of hands.

I can't tell if this topic has inspired me or made me feel inadequate. Probably both.

I really like these ideas, especially selective. I'd love to help out in any way I could if you needed an extra set of hands.
i highly recommend you take it as inspiration, haha.
other than nano and zanlue working as my lab rats for vce testing and the occasional idea giving/building here and there, the entire set of projects are mainly being built and evented by me. as good as help is, i personally think working on the builds alone allow me to sculpt things according to my imagination. thanks for the offer though.

jumping is disabled in favor of dashing backwards as a dodge mechanic using a vce database of relays registering players.
I thought VCE relays only work when the creator of the event is on the server. If that's true, then I'd suggest trying to script it instead - something like when the client tells the server to let the client jump, if the client is strafing backward, tell the client to add velocity in that direction.

So are you saying the players can't jump while moving backward? I wonder how that is in-game. it's an interesting concept

deathmatch builds requested for Titanfall testing
anything you think would be well suited to fast double jumping shootbangs would be greatly appreciated
o3o

I thought VCE relays only work when the creator of the event is on the server. If that's true, then I'd suggest trying to script it instead - something like when the client tells the server to let the client jump, if the client is strafing backward, tell the client to add velocity in that direction.

So are you saying the players can't jump while moving backward? I wonder how that is in-game. it's an interesting concept
the entire concept is practically experimental in its current form. i enjoy creating complex systems with vce so I kind of wanted to see how this would go. i would definitely love to have this entirely scripted with a nice inventory interface and the likes since I'm currently using a couple of custom weapons. currently it isn't planned to be a dedicated server due to some systems not being completely automatic which happens to be a little problem but I guess it lets me moderate the entire server.

deathmatch builds requested for Titanfall testing
anything you think would be well suited to fast double jumping shootbangs would be greatly appreciated
o3o
if any of these dm builds had any decent progress for playability lol

some work has been put into RRPG. as of now, there are currently four different minor skills: blacksmithing, tailoring, brewing, and cooking.
if anyone has any suggestions to any new skills or aspects that can spice up the gameplay, feel free to leave them here. the aim here is to have the skills work more like professions and not the normal grind quest you find in runescape since the RPG aims more at combat.

spell ideas would be cool too
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:11:33 PM by Kobewarrior »

[im width=400]http://i.imgur.com/QJ4w6D4.png[/img] [im width=400]http://i.imgur.com/byLSrRy.png[/img]

some work has been put into RRPG. as of now, there are currently four different minor skills: blacksmithing, tailoring, brewing, and cooking.
if anyone has any suggestions to any new skills or aspects that can spice up the gameplay, feel free to leave them here. the aim here is to have the skills work more like professions and not the normal grind quest you find in runescape since the RPG aims more at combat.

spell ideas would be cool too
I'd be fine with just those 4 minor skills actually, but if you want to add more, cool.
For the spells, it would be cool to have something like Ghille's pixel spells except with sounds that fit in with this RPG (it's nice to have weapons that you can charge up to do more damage).

I'd be fine with just those 4 minor skills actually, but if you want to add more, cool.
For the spells, it would be cool to have something like Ghille's pixel spells except with sounds that fit in with this RPG (it's nice to have weapons that you can charge up to do more damage).
i should have probably mentioned this earlier but there's two kinds of spells. the "main" magics are cast from wands and staves and scroll spells can be equipped into any of your three quickslots. we're mainly talking about scroll spells.

scroll spells require mana (which is slowly regenerated unless you have something modifying this specific stat) and are limited in uses, generally gaining more with experience in magic. most of the higher level scrolls require a higher INT stat and possibly a few other traits. some examples of scroll spells currently existing are fire barrage, lesser heal (hp heal=2*INT), script of the runner (a boost ability, good for escape or charge attacks), and an unnamed AOE blast spell. the aoe spells might sound overpowered and obnoxious but they usually come with a build up or some obvious indication that can tell other users that a dodge might be a good idea.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:14:20 AM by Kobewarrior »

The wonders of DOF Screenshots

vignette settings make some cool bloom effects. going to throw some more work into the beginning portions of the rpg.