Author Topic: Virus is being a richardwad, any help?  (Read 3115 times)

So I am almost fairly certain that I have a virus. I am a stupid forget for not ever installing any AV software and this little forgeter won't even let me install any. It always says "the system cannot find the file specified" whenever I try to run the programs and it's pissing me off.

Another thing, whenever I click run to use cmd or whatever it always has "GPEDIT.msc" in the box, which probably means the virus is also loving with the group policy settings as my task manager always ends up disabled when I restart the computer. I can't use system restore because it says it can't find it even when its there when I look for it myself.

Can anyone help out (inb4 someone says "go to help", when it is clearly non-blockland related).

have some nerds go and delete it or something

I would be willing to fix it for a cheap price of like $10.

But Idk if you trust me, and shipping is a problem too.

If my mom saw me looking at this thread she would think that the virus would travel from your forum post, onto my tablet.

OT:
have some nerds go and delete it or something

why were you not using an av in the first place
are you one of those people that say common sense is better than any av

Try booting in safe mode with networking and install malwarebytes for starters, or just get the download file on a USB while in safe mode and install it that way. You'll need to run more scans after than with other programs or even just another scan to ensure it was actually removed.

I would be willing to fix it for a cheap price of like $10.

But Idk if you trust me, and shipping is a problem too.

this better be a joke

also shipping will make it cost far more than $10 for you anyways

Note: I am not paying any of you to fix my pc/send it to your basement.

Also, I am not the kind of person that thinks common sense is better than an AV.

If my mom saw me looking at this thread she would think that the virus would travel from your forum post, onto my tablet.


I dont like it when certain people think they know anything at all about computers when they dont. Your mom needs to stop (No offence)

Lets assume for a second the virus was able to travel to your "Tablet", the virus would not be affective because it is not designed for whatever Operating System your tablet uses.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:44:09 PM by Ducky duck »

Note: I am not paying any of you to fix my pc/send it to your basement.

Also, I am not the kind of person that thinks common sense is better than an AV.

I dont fix stuff in my basement

Would you be willing to send it to me at all, I would fix it for free.
And if something happens where I "Steal" it you could easily call the authorities on me since I am 11 and have no way of driving away.

this better be a joke

No, I like the idea of fixing computers free or not. It gives me something to do, I am very good with computers.

Would you be willing to send it to me at all, I would fix it for free.
And if something happens where I "Steal" it you could easily call the authorities on me since I am 11 and have no way of driving away.
you don't even need have the physical computer; you could just use teamviewer or another remote desktop program
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:34:35 PM by QuadStorm »

you don't even need have the physical computer; you could just use teamviewer or another remote desktop program

VNC would work best for me since I have WinXP.

So what do you say Pwn?

you don't even need have the physical computer; you could just use teamviewer or another remote desktop program
you mean like a virus?


omg we need a virus that can block out viruses

you mean like a virus?


omg we need a virus that can block out viruses

Lol

Almost like... an anti virus virus

brb emailing avg

you don't even need have the physical computer; you could just use teamviewer or another remote desktop program

I just remembered
this little forgeter won't even let me install any. It always says "the system cannot find the file specified"