Author Topic: anyone else play grand strategy games?  (Read 3486 times)

stuff like crusader kings, europa universalis, and victoria (i'm not sure about hearts of iron because it's a pure wargame)

i have victoria 2 (all dlc), hearts of iron 3 (all 3 major dlc+soviet music), and europa universalis 4 (res publica, conquest of paradise, wealth of nations+various minor dlc). i'm okay at eu4 and v2, and terrible at hoi3 (mostly let the ai do my work).

if you don't know what i'm talking about here's some stuff (all my pictures):

Europa Universalis IV:

Victoria 2 (Using the POP Demand Mod):

Hearts of Iron 3 (No DLC):

if you want more info just look up the games
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:16:45 PM by Epicduke »

i have 2 friends irl who have steam and all they play is crusader kings II

this plus i own it any never play it.

i play atwar though. not a grand strategy game tho, just pure-war.

i want that but ill only get it on sale and dynasties are confusing :(
this plus i own it any never play it.

i play atwar though. not a grand strategy game tho, just pure-war.
those are fun too, recently orded axis and allies and risk off of amazon

civilization is fun too

CK2 all the way
Oh and Vic2 is too hard, I always try to get into it with tuts but it never works.

One of the few here that shares your love for these games. I Got eu4 all dlc have about 500 hours on it and vicky 2 all dlc Boot leg edition but i probably have about 700 hours on it. I play multiplayer with my friends on both games and we are on Nobots teamspeak so yeah.

Steam Name:Roklobster315

Edit: I also own HO3 but I haven't gotten into it yet.

CK2 all the way
Oh and Vic2 is too hard, I always try to get into it with tuts but it never works.

vic2 is not really hard at all you just have to play to get into it I find ck2 harder myself honestly by looks but then again all paradox games Look hard and are easy at heart.

I really want to enjoy eu4 but the ruler mana bs is just too stupid of a mechanic for me

I mean, seriously? trying to keep your infrastructure up to date/upgrading technically sets you back technologically?

I mean, seriously? trying to keep your infrastructure up to date/upgrading technically sets you back technologically?
Balancing

Balancing
maaaaaaaan it's a single player game

I don't see what was wrong with eu3's system of advisors that you could spend on specific tasks

it made more sense imo

I really want to enjoy eu4 but the ruler mana bs is just too stupid of a mechanic for me

eh, i think it's kind of a 50/50 opinion for me. idk what it was like in eu3, my first grand strategy game was eu4
One of the few here that shares your love for these games. I Got eu4 all dlc have about 500 hours on it and vicky 2 all dlc Boot leg edition but i probably have about 700 hours on it. I play multiplayer with my friends on both games and we are on Nobots teamspeak so yeah.

Steam Name:Roklobster315

Edit: I also own HO3 but I haven't gotten into it yet.
cool, i have around 670 hours on eu4 and 220 hours on v2
i also don't really play hoi3 that often but 17 hours is 17 hours :()

you should downscale to coh

Total War Rome II is a good grand strategy.