Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump

Poll

Vehicle Door Animations: Which Would You Prefer?

Keep door animations the same. Smooth, fluid animations, but vehicles with more than four animated parts  requires bot supplements.
12 (16%)
Make them open like the default .blb doors - No bots would be required, also allows me to free up animation threads for other things (turn signals, etc).
56 (74.7%)
Ditch the animated doors entirely, they have been a nuisance, they are only a tired gimmick.
7 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump  (Read 143154 times)

feeling innovated in a way, i made a add-on to your sign mod Barnbus

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302241.msg9284261#msg9284261

hope you like it, take care

Nice! I never got around making prints for the signs; hopefully we'll get to see more of them!

Yes! This is actually what I wanted! :cookieMonster:

Good news, everyone!

I can resume development now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpfXa6v6NI

I was honestly just thinking about bumping this! Thanks for the update!

Haha, a blast from the past. Gotta admit, those early versions look kinda lame now.

Hi guys!

I've been away for a long time, but recently the bug for making new stuff (and also to finish older stuff) bit me. However, there has been something in the back of my mind which I feel needs to be resolved before I could fully finish the next batch of vehicles: door animations.

I have laid out three possible options. I tried to list some reasons for each of them, without getting too technical. Each option has its pros and cons, and I'd like to gauge the forum's attitude towards them. Any other options are welcome too

oh, cool. I think you should make it a little less fluid to work on other animations

hows that fairlane/comet car going?

I'm thinking about waiting for the results of the poll then I'll revamp it accordingly.

On an unrelated note: I was thinking about not adding glass to vehicles. While Port's new exporter significantly simplified adding glass parts, but glass parts somehow felt odd and wrong to me. That might be a subject matter for another poll, though.

Sorry for the double post, but here's something for the time being:

Textures and script are the courtesy of Eksi (Thanks! :D)

On an unrelated note, a man needs a name for this car
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:00:26 PM by Barnabas »

Sweet!

(Company names).
BJ? JJ? Clockflow? DP Motors? HJ Industries? GF Cars? Slunkers (the combination of slow and clunker)? Porridge Inc? Thompson Mason? FAZ? LAZ? MAZ? TRAZ? DAZ? SPAZ? MORAZ? IAZ? TIZ? FIZ? DIZ? SIZ? WIZ? VIZ?

(Model names)
Stroker? Blafasud? Shire? Sire? Almanac? Windflow? Dictation? Nova (in some languages "Nova" means "Won't run" or something similar).Nucleus? Protonic? Tronx? Aluminox? Carbonox? Plasticox? Sorry for all the question marks, didn't mean to spam.