Poll

Vehicle Door Animations: Which Would You Prefer?

Keep door animations the same. Smooth, fluid animations, but vehicles with more than four animated parts  requires bot supplements.
12 (16%)
Make them open like the default .blb doors - No bots would be required, also allows me to free up animation threads for other things (turn signals, etc).
56 (74.7%)
Ditch the animated doors entirely, they have been a nuisance, they are only a tired gimmick.
7 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Barnabas' Unceremonious Add-on Dump  (Read 141766 times)

The Bengs looks great! Can you add a police variant real quick?

Also, at some point you should make hand-over-hand steering animations.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm glad you liked the new version of the Bengs!

Q&A time:

This is a wonderful update for a classic Blockland vehicle, I am glad it has finally been updated and now has all of the latest vehicle features. It is nice to see one of your most outdated vehicles become one of the most advanced, next to the Foehn, i hope to see more of your old vehicles receive updates like this in the future.

I have noticed though that with shaders turned off, the passenger side mirror is body coloured while the driver side mirror has a white texture.

I couldn't replicate this issue, but I'll keep an eye on it.

The Bengs looks great! Can you add a police variant real quick?

Also, at some point you should make hand-over-hand steering animations.

I am planning to add a police car variant that would be based on the German police livery of the late 80s early 90s. I can't tell exactly when though.

Speaking of variants, for the time being I had to forgo the Evolution variant in order to speed up development a little. It will be back, though and it will be better than ever!

So thanks you guys once again! Tell me if you spot more bugs and other issues

mor beta vehicles questions

will the lorry have a regular stepside bed and a regular pickup bed variant
and will it have a offroad variant

is the behemoth going to have a swat van variant (because why not)
and a monster truck variant (also because why not)

The Lorry is not a pickup truck. It's modeled after the typical European flatbed working truck, like the Fiat Ducato or the Ford Transit. Instead, I was planning to add a van, a minibus, and a camper variant.

As for the Behemoth, we'll see what sort of variants it will have

Will you do hand-over-hand animations at some point? To me, those kinds of animations just seem... right... or something.

I couldn't replicate this issue, but I'll keep an eye on it.
That's strange, I tried it on a clean version of Blockland and I still had the same result:

Oh, I see. Yeah, I was looking at the mirror housing and not the mirror itself. Yeah, will be fixed.

Sorry to bump, but I was using the taxi variant of the Bengs at night with the lights on and noticed that the taxi sign didn't glow at all.
I remember seeing a picture with the taxi sign glowing and the /veh says to press shift brick up for the taxi light however when I try that it does not come on. Was this feature scrapped late in development, or is it just not working for me?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:53:22 AM by Cool Blockhead »

The taxi lights should be working by pressing shift brick up (+ sign on numpad by default)

The taxi lights should be working by pressing shift brick up (+ sign on numpad by default)
Oh, my mistake. I usually use numpad 3 (plate up) and forgot about numpad +. It works when I use + instead.

Bit of a bump, I'm not dead... yet...

Will you remake the Evolution version?

Sorry about the lack of progress as of late, life kept getting in the way. I can't promise you with steady updates/releases but I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, I was thinking about finalising the Blocko Sedan update. So far the regular sedan variant works well and I managed to add some neat features to the police version (including lights, siren sounds).

I'm a bit stumped about how to do liveries for the police version. I could either make pre-set liveries or let players recolour the car freely. Which would be better?

Also @ Burnout: The remake for the Evolution version is in the plans, but no definite date for it