RUNNING WITH RIFLES - top down war game thread 2

Author Topic: RUNNING WITH RIFLES - top down war game thread 2  (Read 6602 times)

2 YEARS EARLIER

http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/
http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/?page_id=14 (About)

So I found this neat little game and tried the demo I will most likely be buying it as soon as I get a video card.

You can download the demo here. Please understand the demo is version 0.40 well the newest version is 0.60

NOW

RUNNING WITH RIFLES is basically a top-down gunshoots game with RPG elements, in which you're a soldier who sprints around shooting guns at differently colored soldiers. It's almost like a top-down Medal of Honor if Medal of Honor wasn't stuff.

I'm gonna quickly put the "about the game" bit of the steam page I linked and bolded up there:

RUNNING WITH RIFLES is a top-down tactical shooter with open-world RPG elements.

In RWR, you join the ranks of an army as a common soldier, just like the thousands around you. To your superiors, you're nothing but cannon fodder...
The open world approach lets you define your own path and story in the campaign. Push back the enemy with your comrades or go deep behind enemy lines to sabotage their efforts and loot valuable items.

As you gain experience, you are promoted with higher command over soldiers and equipment. Call in artillery fire missions or paratrooper reinforcements when the situation gets tight! Use your squad to man armed boats, tanks and APC's, or, become the expert lone wolf you always aspired to be - it's up to you!

KEY FEATURES
 - hundreds of locations to explore from trenches to towns, deserts to snowy valleys
 - emergent AI that will question if you're as smart as you think you are
 - realistic cover system (note: none of that health-regeneratey stuff. hiding behind brick fences is vital because if you get shot you Die)
 - dozens of different weapons, support and cover items, radio calls, vehicles
 - 40+ multiplayer support, dedicated servers, coop, PvP, PvPvE
 - speech bubbles!
 - deaths and fails, a lot of them, including your own!
 - ...and of course, mods!

ooooooo i really remember this game and how i was unable to buy it when i was 12 2 years ago
its 10 dollars now maybe i can get it cheaper somewhere but im def. buying it somewhere :D

I've been wanting to buy this, but I keep forgetting about the game.

I've had this game for so long and i love it when it gets into really intense situations with tons of enemies vs me and a few others.

Final mission 1 is a bitch

omg i remember playing the demo long long ago

my team got into a checkmate around some part of the map and stuff was chaos

If anyone wants a nice deal, I'm offering any one game (not including FTL) in my inventory + a copy of orion dino horde if you buy this for me.

Options:
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Don't Starve
ArmA II OA
ArmA Tactics
Hotline: Miami
Risk of Rain
CS:S+Gmod pack

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sord213/

i want to try this game out but i cant play because i get an "unhandeled exception error"
something to do with DX9

the mods for this game are amazing.

i can't play this game without crashing
it makes me mad

i can't play this game without crashing
it makes me mad
Reinstall it?

Mention it on the Steam page, someone will probably tell you what's wrong. Hopefully.

now it's just saying it crashed and made a crash dump file

i guess maybe if i actually BUY the game (hint hint) (and no it's not piracy, i have the demo) it might be different
but it does the same thing with BF4 and BFH so forget it my computer is loving dumb