Author Topic: I have a couple blood clots in some places.  (Read 3083 times)

A week ago I was experiencing some serious pain in my ankle and leg, for three days this pain continued until I convinced myself and my parents that I needed to go to Urgent Care. Upon arrival they tested my blood and did an ultrasound of my leg; after the results of the ultrasound came back there was a large blood clot found behind my leg, which explained the pain. However, when the results of the blood tests came back they found that I had an elevated white blood cell count, which could have meant I had a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots in the lungs). I was sent to the emergency room where the doctor immediately ordered a CT Scan of my lungs, they found that I did indeed have clotting in my lungs and I was admitted into the hospital for three days. During this time I had many vials of blood taken for testing and learned of a condition that runs in my family called "Factor Five". Factor Five is a condition where on the most basic level your blood is sticky and clumps together easily.

They just recently sent me home and I'm on powerful blood thinners and pain medication. Treatment is expected to continue for at least six months. The biggest concern is that the clots could move to my heart, so let's hope that that doesn't happen. :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:20:31 PM by Gamefandan »

wtf is a blood clot
basically blood in a thick goo form

like when you get a nose bleed and you cover it up with a tissue (or your preferred use of bandage) and when you take it off it comes out really thick-like (of course in this case its not a nose bleed)

These are things that could kill me, I guess if that wasn't clear.

wtf is a blood clot

basically it's when blood piles up somehow in a vein or artery, this can result in heart attacks if it blocks blood flow.

Wow man, hope you make it through OK. :/

That sucks.

Jeez man, hope you make it out OK.

Wow man, hope you make it through OK. :/

That sucks.

Jeez man, hope you make it out OK.

Thanks, dudes.

try not to get any cuts while you're on those blood thinners
also good luck

Hopefully the medications arent horribly addictive .x.

try not to get any cuts while you're on those blood thinners
also good luck

Yeah I have to switch to an electric razor or face the consequences of gushing face cuts. I popped a entrepreneur le and it didn't stop bleeding for an hour.

Hopefully the medications arent horribly addictive .x.

Just the high-strength Tylenol, and then I think only because it gets rid of my pain to an extent.

dan no :panda:

please stay staf

Yeah I have to switch to an electric razor or face the consequences of gushing face cuts. I popped a entrepreneur le and it didn't stop bleeding for an hour.
id hate to go to emergency over a nose bleed lol

dan no :panda:

please stay staf

Thanks.

id hate to go to emergency over a nose bleed lol

Yeah I already got my first nosebleed, though it wasn't too serious; basically I just have to be on top of putting pressure on any orifice that exhumes blood.