Author Topic: EVE Online megathread - My new favorite game.  (Read 2093 times)

Eve Online (stylised EVE Online) is a video game by CCP Games. It is a player-driven, persistent-world MMORPG set in a science fiction space setting. Characters pilot customizable ships through a galaxy of over 7,500 star systems. Most star systems are connected to one or more other star systems by means of stargates. The star systems can contain moons, planets, stations, wormholes, asteroid belts and complexes.

Players of Eve Online can participate in a number of in-game professions and activities, including mining, piracy, manufacturing, trading, exploration, and combat (both PVE and PVP). The character advancement system is based upon training skills in real time, even while not logged into the game.

Factions

The Amarr empire

The Amarr people inhabit a vast Empire, the largest and oldest of the four empires. Ruled by a mighty Empress, this vast theocratic society is supported by a broad foundation of Minmatar slave labor. Amarr citizens tend to be highly educated and fervent individuals, and as a culture adhere to the basic tenet that what others call slavery is in fact one step on a spiritual path toward fully embracing their faith. As a result, the Empire remains the most stable and militarily powerful nation-state in New Eden, despite several setbacks in recent history.

The Minmatar empire

Of the four major races of New Eden, none has endured more turmoil than the Minmatar. Once a thriving tribal civilization, the Minmatar were enslaved by the Amarr Empire for more than 700 years until a massive rebellion freed most, but not all, of those held in servitude. Modeling their recovery after the Gallente Federation's success, the Minmatar Republic was born. But despite rising to prominence on the world stage, more than one third of the present-day population remains enslaved. The Minmatar people today are resilient, ingenious, and hard-working. Many of them believe that democracy, though serving them well at first, will never restore what was taken from them so long ago. Instead, they long for a government truly reflective of their tribal culture, and remain deeply attached to their enslaved kindred. They will forever resent the Amarr, and yearn for the days before slaver ships ever reached their home skies.

The Caldari State

Founded on the tenets of patriotism and hard work that carried its ancestors through hardships on an inhospitable homeworld, the Caldari State is today a corporate dictatorship led by rulers who are determined to see it return to the meritocratic ideals of old, and buttressed by mega-corporations who try their hardest to divide the State between them. Ruthless and efficient in the boardroom as well as on the battlefield, the Caldari are living emblems of strength, persistence, and dignity.

The Gallente Federation

Champions of liberty and fierce guardians of the human spirit, the Gallente Federation is the only true democracy in New Eden. Some of the most progressive leaders, scientists, and businessmen of the era have emerged from its diverse peoples. Pioneers of artificial intelligence, the Federation once relied almost entirely on drone fleets to defend its beliefs and borders. But the limitations of this technology and the lack of a human element—both in terms of a military strategy, and as a means of spreading influence—eventually reached a critical point. Today, Gallente starships are manned by some of the bravest men and women of New Eden.

Media

cue goon tears as nullsec travel changes break the blue donut

i don't have eve online but i have dust 514 on my ps3

Isn't dust that f2p fps game?

The premier spreadsheet simulator.

spreadsheets online

i'm starting to have withdrawals from unsubbing ughhhh

lets squad up buddy

minmatar for the win

hey, i just resubbed after a year of waiting and i was going to make a thread about EVE lol

good to see someone else did it already

I love this game. I don't personally play it, but I study all the wars between players (Goonswarm/CFC clearly is the greatest), and it's loving beautiful the things they make happen.

I made a thread on EVE a few months back, but this thread does it better

Anyway, Gallente forget yes

I made a thread on EVE a few months back, but this thread does it better

ew gallente

go for the underdog poor Minnie scum :)

Gallente FTW!
But I'm in some corperation now wich is located in Obe (Amarr).
Pretty neat corp.

Going for a subscribtion today, if I alteast have money.
Btw I still have a 30 day sign up code for a 30 day trial instead of a 14 day.
And I dn't need it so if anyone needs it? just quote me on it.