Author Topic: $800-$1000 gaming laptop  (Read 1415 times)

8.1 also sucks
In what way? Unless you're a full blown handicap there's nothing you can't do functionally on this operating system that you could do on Windows 7.

all i've heard from her about windows 8 in general is problems. like how she can't play any dvd's on her computer or run any games without it crashing.
Hahahahaha

all i've heard from her about windows 8 in general is problems. like how she can't play any dvd's on her computer or run any games without it crashing.

your sister sucks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:37:30 PM by ResonKinetic »

In what way? Unless you're a full blown handicap there's nothing you can't do functionally on this operating system that you could do on Windows 7.
Hahahahaha
for some reason ASUS does not have functional drivers for 8.1
either that or it's specific to my computer. either way several problems relating to drivers come to exist after i update, even after updating the drivers to 8.1
when i update to 8.1 and then install the updates after that, it gets hung while configuring and i have to factory reset
still has metro

also steam/skype do not work on my less than one month old windows 8 laptop
i have them installed properly
i've reinstalled several times
i don't have the energy for this

for some reason ASUS does not have functional drivers for 8.1
either that or it's specific to my computer. either way several problems relating to drivers come to exist after i update, even after updating the drivers to 8.1
when i update to 8.1 and then install the updates after that, it gets hung while configuring and i have to factory reset
still has metro

also steam/skype do not work on my less than one month old windows 8 laptop
i have them installed properly
i've reinstalled several times
i don't have the energy for this
That's all your problem.

I have 8.1 installed on my new computer, asus motherboard and gpu, drivers work fine. Steam is working perfectly. There have been no problems relating to this operating system.

your friend sucks
she's my sister

she said something about how there aren't any drivers to support using the laptop's blu ray player. but then again, this is coming from someone who, after picking up her newly repaired phone after shattering its screen when it fell onto concrete, decided to buy a super thin snap-on case because the actually protective cases were "too bulky"

whoops, read it as 'friend' gg
for a minute i was worried that i'd accidentally typed friend in my post lol

I would say something like alien-ware if you don't mind the ugly design of their computers. try Asus or Lenovo. and if you don't like 8.1, find a way to get windows 7.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:50:23 PM by [Na Pulse] »

That's all your problem.

I have 8.1 installed on my new computer, asus motherboard and gpu, drivers work fine. Steam is working perfectly. There have been no problems relating to this operating system.
in which case it's an unfortunate circumstance not because i'm mentally handicapped
I would say something like alien-ware if you don't mind the ugly design of their computers. try Asus or Lenovo. and if you don't like 8.1, find a way to get windows 7. (From buying it, or other ways of getting it.)
i've accepted that the computer will haev to be windows 8
im sure it'll work better this time around

I would say something like alien-ware if you don't mind the ugly design of their computers. try Asus or Lenovo. and if you don't like 8.1, find a way to get windows 7.
Why on earth would he buy an alienware if he doesn't like the looks.

He can get better specs for cheaper elsewhere agahahaha this post makes me mad

I have a Lenovo Y50. Paid $1700 for it if you want to save up a little more money and get that.

I have a Lenovo Y50. Paid $1700 for it if you want to save up a little more money and get that.
Holy stuff that's a nice laptop.

i'd prefer no ASUS since they are stuffty
Eh, I've had my ASUS G75VW since June 2013 and it's served me pretty well. It had some quirks out of the box (outdated buggy drivers, and McAfee was installed by default and causing this bizarre stuttering once in a while), but they were easy enough to resolve (update, uninstall). Only real complaint I have about it so far is the rather crappy battery life.