$800-$1000 gaming laptop

Author Topic: $800-$1000 gaming laptop  (Read 1416 times)

gaming laptops suck get a desktop

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/MSI-GP70-Leopard-Gaming-Laptop
I have the MSI GP60 2PE, and I'm honestly loving it. The build quality isn't the best and some parts are a bit creaky if you put some pressure on them, but in terms of performance and reliability it's great. Win8.1 isn't bad once you add a start menu to it.

Holy stuff that's a nice laptop.
ya i can run ultra soft shaders at 30fps at times.

I have a Lenovo Y50. Paid $1700 for it if you want to save up a little more money and get that.
I was looking at this one, but there are lots of complains about the screen. I'm assuming you have the 4k version or something if it's that expensive, because the y50 models I looked at were around $1000.
Eh, I've had my ASUS G75VW since June 2013 and it's served me pretty well. It had some quirks out of the box (outdated buggy drivers, and McAfee was installed by default and causing this bizarre stuttering once in a while), but they were easy enough to resolve (update, uninstall). Only real complaint I have about it so far is the rather crappy battery life.
I had to send my computer in for warranty 3 times and after the 3rd time ASUS support sent me the wrong model. (downgraded resolution)
I have no desire to do business with them ever again tbh

I have the MSI GP60 2PE, and I'm honestly loving it. The build quality isn't the best and some parts are a bit creaky if you put some pressure on them, but in terms of performance and reliability it's great. Win8.1 isn't bad once you add a start menu to it.
The GP70 is looking pretty great right now. They even have the option to use Windows 7 + Office for no additional charge.. Plus the 4200H seems to be good enough for Dolphin.