Author Topic: Alien: Isolation Megathread - The new nerve thrilling game!  (Read 1155 times)

What I'm saying (and sorry, generalizing as jumpscare) is that there are too many horror games. I'd love for this to be some sort of free-roam game, and quite possibly if it was like a spaceship kindof game with the graphics of this. There aren't many of those, or any even released.
i dont think a free-roam game in a space station where you can do absolutely nothing would be fun

still waiting for a dino horrer game
aka primal carnage: Genesis

I recently beat the game on hard mode and I don't remember a single jump scare. Even when the alien is first introduced, it's not as a jump scare, it's almost like it was a cinematic intro event that let's the player know "oh stuff, this is happening."

I absolutely love the detail they placed into the aliens AI, it's completely unpredictable and made the game so, so, so much scarier, I would be in hiding and not want to come out for 5 minutes just because I couldn't predict how the alien was going to move and even when I did work up the courage to move, knowing he was just around the corner put me in a paranoid state no other horror game ever could. Everything about him was cared for from his attitude to his animation, I loved how his tail moved and scrapped on the ground and acted like an actual tail, not just a static object. I loved how he'd act, how he'd get curious, how he smoothly moved around the environment, how he'd act cautious and coy around you when you had fire. Just everything about him was lovingly developed and cared for and it game the experience that much more effective.

I personally love the way the levels where set up, it was clear and concise considering it was built so openly, there are paths to everywhere that you may never use but it was always easy to figure out where you where suppose to go, I was told that the map was unreliable because the mission objectives were incorrectly placed when in reality it only seemd that way because it was shown on all floors, not just the one you where on.

I played using studio headphones and at midnight across my 3 screens, I even plugged in my afterglow controller and put it on a hard surface so when the motion detector would go off I'd feel & see it, it definitely enhanced my experience.

Overall I freaking loved this game and I couldn't care less if some people think "it's not scary." To me, it's horrifying and that's a fact.

I recently beat the game on hard mode and I don't remember a single jump scare. Even when the alien is first introduced, it's not as a jump scare, it's almost like it was a cinematic intro event that let's the player know "oh stuff, this is happening."

I absolutely love the detail they placed into the aliens AI, it's completely unpredictable and made the game so, so, so much scarier, I would be in hiding and not want to come out for 5 minutes just because I couldn't predict how the alien was going to move and even when I did work up the courage to move, knowing he was just around the corner put me in a paranoid state no other horror game ever could. Everything about him was cared for from his attitude to his animation, I loved how his tail moved and scrapped on the ground and acted like an actual tail, not just a static object. I loved how he'd act, how he'd get curious, how he smoothly moved around the environment, how he'd act cautious and coy around you when you had fire. Just everything about him was lovingly developed and cared for and it game the experience that much more effective.

I personally love the way the levels where set up, it was clear and concise considering it was built so openly, there are paths to everywhere that you may never use but it was always easy to figure out where you where suppose to go, I was told that the map was unreliable because the mission objectives were incorrectly placed when in reality it only seemd that way because it was shown on all floors, not just the one you where on.

I played using studio headphones and at midnight across my 3 screens, I even plugged in my afterglow controller and put it on a hard surface so when the motion detector would go off I'd feel & see it, it definitely enhanced my experience.

Overall I freaking loved this game and I couldn't care less if some people think "it's not scary." To me, it's horrifying and that's a fact.
after beating the game and loving it as well, I thought about it for a bit and said to myself, "man, the motion tracker is REALLY loving GOOD"
like if you didnt have that, the game would be so much scarier
i think it made the game a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT less scary than it could have been. they should have at least limited your use of the motion tracker OR make it so it makes noise that the alien can hear. if you use it right next to it, it doesn't hear it. if it could hear it, the game would be a little more difficult.

The Alien can hear it, atleast on HM it can

I might get this if I have some spare cash, but it's not something I'd want. Still not a fan of like, these survival horror things all-together. Sounds r nice tho

they should have at least limited your use of the motion tracker OR make it so it makes noise that the alien can hear. if you use it right next to it, it doesn't hear it. if it could hear it, the game would be a little more difficult.
one thing i liked about the motion tracker is that it blurred your vision just enough to make it possible to miss a tail slithering among the floor