Author Topic: LOCKED: Blockintosh Computers  (Read 4344 times)

/title
TOPIC NOW LOCKED.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:02:12 PM by YouDontKnowMe »

Is this tomthegeek's blockintosh or something different?

be sure to make everything overpriced as forget

Is this tomthegeek's blockintosh or something different?
More or less a newer version of TomTheGeek's Blockintosh.

be sure to make everything overpriced as forget
Sure, will do. :3

IS THIS GOING TO WORK LIKE BLOCKOS?
EDIT:damn capslock

IS THIS GOING TO WORK LIKE BLOCKOS?
EDIT:damn capslock
I might, I've recently been messing around with a new BlockOS GUI, so it might just be like BlockOS. But for now it will just be a brick computer with some OS.

Our computers now have their own OS!
Introducing BlockintoshOS!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:31:19 PM by YouDontKnowMe »

I might, I've recently been messing around with a new BlockOS GUI, so it might just be like BlockOS. But for now it will just be a brick computer with some OS.
For the record, BlockOS was never under any formal license. This was mostly as an oversight (and a stupid one at that because we were trying to start a plugin ecosystem for it) because were lazy about the legalities, but it does also mean that it's not quite legal to base your work on it, something that is probably for the best.

For the record, BlockOS was never under any formal license. This was mostly as an oversight (and a stupid one at that because we were trying to start a plugin ecosystem for it) because were lazy about the legalities, but it does also mean that it's not quite legal to base your work on it, something that is probably for the best.
Please note that its based off BlockOS, its not something like BlockOS2. Also, how is it so "not legal" to base something off another mod?

Please note that its based off BlockOS, its not something like BlockOS2. Also, how is it so "not legal" to base something off another mod?
We (the authors of BlockOS) own the copyright to BlockOS. Thus, you would be in breach of copyright law if you were to reuse our code without a proper license from all of us. Personally I don't really mind what you're doing in this case (though legally you should have asked first!), but the only reason I knew about this thread to begin with was Brian (who I haven't talked to otherwise in ages) messaging me his dislike of this project. Or rather, his shame for the old BlockOS.

We (the authors of BlockOS) own the copyright to BlockOS. Thus, you would be in breach of copyright law if you were to reuse our code without a proper license from all of us. Personally I don't really mind what you're doing in this case (though legally you should have asked first!), but the only reason I knew about this thread to begin with was Brian (who I haven't talked to otherwise in ages) messaging me his dislike of this project. Or rather, his shame for the old BlockOS.
And who is "brian"?
EDIT: I don't think that BlockOS was ever copyrighted so uh yea
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:38:02 PM by YouDontKnowMe »

Oi mate, you took my avatar.

This is cool though.

And who is "brian"?
Brian Smith, the one who started it to begin with. Later I (teozkr/nullable) and Fluffy (Fluff-Is-Back) joined as well.

EDIT: I don't think that BlockOS was ever copyrighted so uh yea
Copyright in pretty much every industrialized country on earth is automatic and free, with a default all-rights-reserved (can't do anything without the copyright holder's permission) license. You (and many others) are confusing copyright with patents.