Author Topic: Computermix, Ipquarx, and Cca - CBM being hacked into to steal keys [chat+pics]  (Read 44043 times)

Wait, who runs CBM? I don't think I ever knew this.
"cowboy6" apparently.

The keys in the cropped screenshot are the actual users keys, not generated.
holy stuff.

I understand keeping the key on record for quick access makes sense but wow it should just be deleted as soon as its entered and the user has to enter it again just for their safety
Because you have to assign your key to a server whenever you start it, so you have to give the key either way or it wont let you in.
maxx doing good! crazy stuff. wonder how this is gonna pan out.
This drama literally took a week of planning, and gathering evidence.

Were your usual stupid posts the result of having already spent your brain fuel on this crackdown?

I guess this is why CBM is free.

This drama literally took a week of planning, and gathering evidence.
And it also took a few minutes for everyone to notice that you just erased $700 of keys off the face of this earth if the possibility arises they all get revoked.

And it also took a few minutes for everyone to notice that you just erased $700 of keys off the face of this earth if the possibility arises they all get revoked.
are you goddamn joking lol

i guess there always going to be people who blame maxx for this..

They would've been deactivated anyways when people strated using them

if the possibility arises
If worst comes to worst badspot might have to go to the extreme of revoking the keys, but for now, all we can sit and do is laugh at how these people gave out their keys when told not too.

If they become compromised, he can tie it to each users steam account so they can only be used there. Pretty much solving the issue, except leaving them left out of dedicated server land.

curious question : has a key ever been reimbursed/regenerated?

Can confirm, last bit is part of my key.

I really don't feel like spending 20 dollars if my key gets deactivated.

I like my 15740 :(.

my question is why the absolute forget did cowboy keep my key.

aw forget man I feel like stuff

If worst comes to worst badspot might have to go to the extreme of revoking the keys, but for now, all we can sit and do is laugh at how these people gave out their keys when told not too.

If they become compromised, he can tie it to each users steam account so they can only be used there. Pretty much solving the issue, except leaving them left out of dedicated server land.
It's not people giving their keys out.
It's computermix cracking the key.dat from the FTP server of CBMHost to reveal keys of certain people.
curious question : has a key ever been reimbursed/regenerated?
I haven't seen that happen, but I do know badspot has untied keys from forum accounts that have been compromised.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223459.0

This is some serious stuff right here Maxx. Good job, in all seriousness, finding this out.

So is Cowboy at all involved in this? Computermix is the one who cracked the key.dat but I would think that Cowboy handling people's personal blockland activation keys is some serious business and he should have kept it more securely. Smells fishy to me.

This is some serious stuff right here Maxx. Good job, in all seriousness, finding this out.

So is Cowboy at all involved in this? Computermix is the one who cracked the key.dat but I would think that Cowboy handling people's personal blockland activation keys is some serious business and he should have kept it more securely. Smells fishy to me.
A few days prior to making this drama he was acting really weird, he was telling me that "The keys couldn't be cracked" and that nothing happened.
I don't have chatlogs but its really mysterious that he would be lying, I finally cracked him and he just spilled out the information he had, but I'm still skeptical.