Computermix, Ipquarx, and Cca - CBM being hacked into to steal keys [chat+pics]

Author Topic: Computermix, Ipquarx, and Cca - CBM being hacked into to steal keys [chat+pics]  (Read 43341 times)

the point is that you dont own the key and its not yours.
you are paying for hosting, in theory its not even your server anyways, regardless of what key is used.
at least this way, there can be no issues regarding stolen keys, ad your own key is never used.
thats how all hosts should have been from the beginning.
the owner can just have a lot of keys that are used for hosting servers for people. and they would be renamed as needed.
when someone drops the service, that kley would go back in the pool foir the hoster to reuse on a new person.

the renter never needs to see or have the key.
there is ZERO reason to use your own keys to use a hosting service. and there is ZERO reason to need to know the key that you are renting.

This

i recommend you guys push this on the next idiot that springs up a huge hosting project.
put the burden on THEM to offer a COMPLETE and 100% SAFE service.

because we know that new topic is coming up again. and all the same bullstuff will happen again.

The only issue with buying a new key is that the server can't use your name then. I mean, you could name it something stupid like "XXX Hosting" but I'd rather not look like a twat on the server list.

The only issue
so many more issues people aren't seeing here

i recommend you guys push this on the next idiot that springs up a huge hosting project.
Whoever springs up a hosting project is an idiot, even if they use a pool of authentication keys. Nobody wants to invest in this game at this point.

So is the issuse true or false rumors?

Literally all you had to do is read two posts below the OP.
The keys in the cropped screenshot are the actual users keys, not generated.

Literally all you had to do is read two posts below the OP.
I read through the whole thing my friend, It was just out of curiousity.

The only issue with buying a new key is that the server can't use your name then. I mean, you could name it something stupid like "XXX Hosting" but I'd rather not look like a twat on the server list.
Or the name could be the server name.

Team Deathmatch's Server

Or the name could be the server name.

Team Deathmatch's Server
The boss battles server uses that